Sign in to follow this  
Stu Bronsilino

who's in, who's out - roster spots, draft picks and contracts

As of now, by my count, we have 11 players OFFICIALLY under contract.

Oladipo

Payton

Fournier

Green

Harkless

Gordon

Harris

Nicholson

O'Quinn

Vucevic

Dedmon

Marble looks like a keeper too, probably will get a contract soon.

Add the "unofficial" vet duo of Ben Gordon & Channing Frye, and that's 14.

We may yet offer Nicholson as trade bait, either for a vet b/u PG or future pick.

Don't forget about our new D-League affiliate. I'd bet on Marble being sent there

As of now, by my count, we have 11 players OFFICIALLY under contract.

Oladipo

Payton

Fournier

Green

Harkless

Gordon

Harris

Nicholson

O'Quinn

Vucevic

Dedmon

Marble looks like a keeper too, probably will get a contract soon.

Add the "unofficial" vet duo of Ben Gordon & Channing Frye, and that's 14.

We may yet offer Nicholson as trade bait, either for a vet b/u PG or future pick.

When did we sign dedman?

Does anyone think that Fournier could possibly be the starting PG to start the season? It's been said on a few occasions that he has better ball handling skills than Oladipo.

Does anyone think that Fournier could possibly be the starting PG to start the season? It's been said on a few occasions that he has better ball handling skills than Oladipo.

I do not think the question is whether he will be starting PG. More or less whether he is starting. If he and Oladipo start together it will be a 2 guard front (both will share ball handling and play making responsibilities). Right now I could see quite a few different starting line-ups. I think we are settled with Vucevic, Frye and Oladipo. Those other two positions (SF and G) are up in the air. They might want to start Harris as he will be healthy and ready to go, or stick with Harkless? As for guard, do they throw Payton in, choose Fournier (I reckon he is a good option 6th man), or go with a veteran and shooter in Ben Gordon?

This is what is exciting about this season! I can not wait for FA to start shaking itself out, we seem like one of the only players atm. Btw, Max for Hayward..... way too much! Lets all laugh when we see Parsons offer he signs as well, would not surprise me if he gets a max offer too.

I do not think the question is whether he will be starting PG. More or less whether he is starting. If he and Oladipo start together it will be a 2 guard front (both will share ball handling and play making responsibilities). Right now I could see quite a few different starting line-ups. I think we are settled with Vucevic, Frye and Oladipo. Those other two positions (SF and G) are up in the air. They might want to start Harris as he will be healthy and ready to go, or stick with Harkless? As for guard, do they throw Payton in, choose Fournier (I reckon he is a good option 6th man), or go with a veteran and shooter in Ben Gordon?

This is what is exciting about this season! I can not wait for FA to start shaking itself out, we seem like one of the only players atm. Btw, Max for Hayward..... way too much! Lets all laugh when we see Parsons offer he signs as well, would not surprise me if he gets a max offer too.

Yeah I could see that happening:

I actually would like to see Vucevic, Frye, Harkless, Fournier, and Oladipo be the starters. Off the bench I like to see O'Quinn, Gordon, Harris, Gordon, and Payton be our next five off the bench. I think with these line ups you mix it up with offensive and defensive players on the floor at the same together. Then you would have Dedmon, Nicholson, Marble, and Green rounding out your bench.

As you said this season is going to be so exciting and it wouldn't surprise me if we got in as the 8th seed.

Also NittanyBuc I have to disagree with you as I see Marble making this final roster.

Wouldn't mind seeing the following lineups

Starters

Vucevic

Frye

A Gordon

Oladipo

Payton

Bench

O'Quinn

Harris

Harkless

Fournier

B. Gordon

and obviously give Marble and Dedmon some minutes. Wouldn't mind seeing us sign Seth Curry either

I like the Gordon-Frye 3-4 combo. Gordon could play offense closer to the basket and then guard 3s

Wouldn't mind seeing the following lineups

Starters

Vucevic

Frye

A Gordon

Oladipo

Payton

Bench

O'Quinn

Harris

Harkless

Fournier

B. Gordon

and obviously give Marble and Dedmon some minutes. Wouldn't mind seeing us sign Seth Curry either

I like the Gordon-Frye 3-4 combo. Gordon could play offense closer to the basket and then guard 3s

I would be shocked if Gordon started at the SF in front of Harris and Harkless. I think that lineup would be fun to watch as well, just not sure it happens although it would be exciting.

I think:

Payton

Vic

Harris

Frye

Vuch

But I'm not here trying to act like I have any clue what JV is going to do with this lineup, nor do I think he does.

I think the starters will be

Vic

Fournier

Harris

Frye

Vuc

Gordon and Payton need development before starting and despite what some people believe, throwing new kids to the wolves straight away doesn't help development but it does risk destroying their confidence.

Vic

Fournier

Harris

Frye

Vuc

Gordon and Payton need development before starting and despite what some people believe, throwing new kids to the wolves straight away doesn't help development but it does risk destroying their confidence.

I like Harris as the 6th man at the 4. Beefs up the defense of the first unit if we have Harkless starting at the 3 and gives the bench a go-to scorer. Also, if Harris is playing the 3 predominantly, it makes the rotations a little wacky.

Vic

Fournier

Harris

Frye

Vuc

I can see that unit starting as well, or possibly Ben Gordon at the 2 spot. My main concern is that we have no one to rebound (Vuc aside) and there's no defense inside either. But we have to use the pieces we have and hope for the best

• Upvote 1