Sign in to follow this  
Stu Bronsilino

who's in, who's out - roster spots, draft picks and contracts

Frye's contract will contain 4.5% salary DECREASES (Maximum allowed) to help with the salary cap.

Per Josh Robbins.

So most likely:

14/15 $8,560,707

15/16 $8,175,476

16/17 $7,807,579

17/18 $7,456,238

http://ht.ly/yYWPI

Also in that article is that they will most likely sign Marble to a non-guaranteed contract or partially guaranteed contract and that once Gordon and Frye's contracts are signed that our salary will be 50.1mil for 2014/15 season so far. Magic are looking to add another PG through FA.

I can see that unit starting as well, or possibly Ben Gordon at the 2 spot. My main concern is that we have no one to rebound (Vuc aside) and there's no defense inside either. But we have to use the pieces we have and hope for the best

Vuc can defend inside decently; he's just not a "shot blocker". I also see Ben starting.

updated salaries and

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins 2h

The Magic are likely to begin contract-extension talks with Nik Vucevic around Labor Day

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins 2h

Tobias Harris also is eligible for a contract extension, and the team likely will have talks with Harris' agent around Labor Day.

Interesting. I assumed we'd wait and see how the season went. If we can get them locked up at market price or below rather than somebody throwing them a ridiculous offer sheet I'll be very happy.

Interesting. I assumed we'd wait and see how the season went. If we can get them locked up at market price or below rather than somebody throwing them a ridiculous offer sheet I'll be very happy.

Exactly, seeing how much restricted free agents are getting paid, I also hope we lock em up before the chance of either being signed to ridiculous offer sheets. I do have a feeling that we are going to see a very unified team when it comes to extensions and what they accept, I could see many players taking less than they could get in open market to give this team the best chance of winning. Vucevic 8 - 10 mil; Harris 6 - 8 mil. multiple years. Fingers crossed.

Fran Vazquez has signed a contract extension with Unicaja Malaga.

The length of the extension has yet to be announced, but it's starting to sound like the 11th pick in the 2005 NBA Draft may never play in the NBA. Vazquez is 31 years old and only averaged 6.5 points and 4.5 rebounds with Unicaja Malaga last season anyway, so his fantasy prospects would be limited even if he hadn't signed this extension.

For those who care.

• Upvote 1

Ridnour to be a Magic man.

Can't see Gordon starting. I expect Payton to start at PG before the end of the season, but not likely game 1.

Pulling for Marble, but the roster is real tight, so maybe D-league.

With so many roster changes, gonna take a while to jell...

Ridnour to be a Magic man.

Can't see Gordon starting. I expect Payton to start at PG before the end of the season, but not likely game 1.

Pulling for Marble, but the roster is real tight, so maybe D-league.

With so many roster changes, gonna take a while to jell...

Having a D-League affiliate changes everything, I think. It might have to do with the second year team options on our veteran contracts. We can send the young guys we like to Erie and next year bring them in by cutting the vets.

Having a D-League affiliate changes everything, I think. It might have to do with the second year team options on our veteran contracts. We can send the young guys we like to Erie and next year bring them in by cutting the vets.

Nailed it, and it puts that pressure on Ben Gordon etc. to put the effort in to try and have that second year guaranteed. He has to prove he is worth it, only way he does that is having a very good year and proving he can be a positive hardworking role model.

If I had to bring in a 15th man I'd definitely sign Marble over Curry due to him bringing more to the table IMO.

Advantages:

Shooting: Curry

Versatility: Marble

Scoring ability: Marble

Defense: Marble

Playmaking ability: Marble

Quick Question: Are the Magic able to waive Green whenever they want even though he was picked up through waivers?

If I had to bring in a 15th man I'd definitely sign Marble over Curry due to him bringing more to the table IMO.

Advantages:

Shooting: Curry

Versatility: Marble

Scoring ability: Marble

Defense: Marble

Playmaking ability: Marble

Quick Question: Are the Magic able to waive Green whenever they want even though he was picked up through waivers?

I do not believe there is a rule on who you or when you can waive someone. If anything Green would probably be traded, used as a filler in any future trade... we needed bodies for that particular reason also. But besides that, he has an excellent reputation of showing good leadership.