May 20 - Draft lottery picking 4th and 12th

June 26 - Draft Day Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, and Devyn Marble

July 1 - Lamb decision date waived

July 15 - Jameer decision dategoodbye old friend

July 13 - Maxiell decision date waived

July 15 - Oquinn decision date

July 25 - Price decision date waived

2014 opening night - dedmon decision date

moore has qualifying offer that has yet to be extended. reports of it not being extended upon moore's request, seeming like moore's going fishing for a new team.

so as it stands now with picking up willie green, we have 9 guaranteed roster spots filled. 5 unguaranteed contracts including Marbles.

Free Agent Signing: Ben Gordon 2yr 9mm

Lots of flexibility. cap space galore.

Salary cap for 2014-15 season jumps to $63.065 million. Tax level is $76.829 million. Minimum team salary is $56.759 million

oh1btc.png

• Upvote 6

Wow clean Jameer and Affalo off the books and we are sitting mighty pretty.

Not sure if you feel this way but why are people so quick to give up Jameer? I understand he clears up cap space but people ***** and moan about every tom dick and harry who has left us and we have Jameer who has stuck with it.

He's a Magic man and has never been anything up good to us I think we should do the same for him and let him retire a Magic. I'm almost positive he'd sign a contract that would not hinder our rebuilding.

• Upvote 7

Not sure if you feel this way but why are people so quick to give up Jameer? I understand he clears up cap space but people ***** and moan about every tom dick and harry who has left us and we have Jameer who has stuck with it.

He's a Magic man and has never been anything up good to us I think we should do the same for him and let him retire a Magic. I'm almost positive he'd sign a contract that would not hinder our rebuilding.

Agreed. I also think he has value if he becomes more of a spot up shooter. He could be a great backup PG or a Mario Chalmers type of starter

Agreed. I also think he has value if he becomes more of a spot up shooter. He could be a great backup PG or a Mario Chalmers type of starter

He excelled at playing off the ball when we had Hedo running point-forward. That's what made him an all-star.

I'm okay with keeping Jameer at a minimal salary, but he's going to have to accept a bench role...it's time to move on and find our starting PG of the future.

I think keeping hold of Jameer, at a sensible price, would be a good idea. He could be a valuable starter if the team don't draft a PG (eg Embiid/Parker/Wiggins at #3 and Gordon/Payne/Hood at #12), a decent backup if the team don't draft a PG and continue with Oladipo at PG (eg Parker/Wiggins and Gary Harris/James Young/Nik Stauskas), or a decent backup if the team does draft a PG at either spot in the first round.

I'd like to see us keep Jameer and ultimately see him retire a Magic player.

He excelled at playing off the ball when we had Hedo running point-forward. That's what made him an all-star.

This is simply not true. Jameer had a higher assist rate than Hedo in basically every year they played together, AND had a higher usage rate than Hedo did in every year but 1.

And no, the one year where Hedo's usage was higher, oddly, wasn't the one you're thinking of.

This is simply not true. Jameer had a higher assist rate than Hedo in basically every year they played together, AND had a higher usage rate than Hedo did in every year but 1.

And no, the one year where Hedo's usage was higher, oddly, wasn't the one you're thinking of.

I'll accept that. It'd still be nice to have another ball handler to see how he'd play with one.

I would like see them bring Jameer back if anything other than to have an $8M expiring contract as an asset for the trade deadline next year.

Cutting him know doesn't do enough for us to be big player in FA while we are still paying off BBD and Harrington.

I think next summer will be when we look at FA's aggressively after taking another season to evaluate what we have after adding in two lottery picks.

Hennigan should not pick up AN's option for 2015 or sign any FA's guaranteed for more than next season....leave as much flexibility as possible for the summer of 2015.

• Upvote 2