Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Are we really trying to catch Boston?

Well we are just one game separated from Boston, which is alarming but they also own the head-to-head tiebreaker so we could end up with the same record as them but get the 3 spot. Not much room for error though as they have just one winnable game on their schedule I believe.

Draft lottery spots are not determined by regular season head-to-head tiebreakers like playoff seeds are.

Draft lottery spots are not determined by regular season head-to-head tiebreakers like playoff seeds are.

How is it determined, coin flip (not being sarcastic)?

Something about splitting the ping pong balls and then flipping a coin to see who gets the odd remainder. That's really the extent of my understanding.

How is it determined, coin flip (not being sarcastic)?

They average out the possible combinations then if one wins they coin flip I believe.

My least favorite Magic win maybe ever. Meaningless and potentially costly. Congrats on ****ing yourselves and the fan base who had to endure two years of crap for a re-build we don't seem to want to be successful. 20 whatever and 50 whatever and the sixth pick in the draft...yeah

My least favorite Magic win maybe ever. Meaningless and potentially costly. Congrats on ****ing yourselves and the fan base who had to endure two years of crap for a re-build we don't seem to want to be successful. 20 whatever and 50 whatever and the sixth pick in the draft...yeah

Boston will probably get #1 with one of the extra ping pong balls we lost tonight. The Lakers will jump us because they're the Lakers. Oh who am I kidding its party central in Magic land with the big win tonight. We ned to finish the year strong and catch and pass Utah and the Lakers out right. Could you imagine how many season ticket holders would renew if we could win out the remainder. We could drop all the way to 8th or 9th. I think we are relying more on Pat Williams luck than common sense at this point. Mark my words...Boston #1. We will never know what ball it was but it could have been ours.

Um... There are still four games left. We are tied for third and all of out opponents are playoff teams. We just have to lose one more than Boston. Even then, we don't know where we'll fall in the draft or who will be available (remember Anthony Bennett was picked first last year). Somebody could always make a gamble pick before us. I don't get all the panic. Wait til draft day.

Um... There are still four games left. We are tied for third and all of out opponents are playoff teams. We just have to lose one more than Boston. Even then, we don't know where we'll fall in the draft or who will be available (remember Anthony Bennett was picked first last year). Somebody could always make a gamble pick before us. I don't get all the panic. Wait til draft day.

I'm afraid Boston will find a way to lose 5 out of those last 4.

I'm afraid Boston will find a way to lose 5 out of those last 4.

Maybe even all 6. There is no point of winning and losing the control of your pick and then relying on worse odds or the fact someone stupid like Cleveland will blow the pick. If that were the case we should trade back to about 20 and hope someone falls to us. Just lose baby.