(Subject To Change)

vt5l.png

CAVALIERS STARTERS

(Subject To Change)

9640.png

MAGIC - CAVALIERS PREVIEW

ESPN GO.com

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

While the Cleveland Cavaliers are 15 games below .500, they remain alive in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Getting All-Star Kyrie Irving back could help their chances of sneaking in.

Irving may try to give it a go Wednesday night when the visiting Cavaliers seek a seventh consecutive win over the last-place Orlando Magic.

After missing two weeks with a strained left biceps tendon, Irving was cleared to resume full-contact practice and could return as soon as Wednesday. Averaging a team-leading 21.2 points, Irving's status won't be determined until after the pregame shootaround.

Cleveland (30-45) dropped its first three games without Irving before winning four of five. Dion Waiters led six Cavaliers in double figures with 19 points in Sunday's 90-76 victory over Indiana, and Tristan Thompson added 12 to go with 16 rebounds.

Orlando (21-53) followed a nine-game skid with back-to-back wins over Portland and Charlotte before its struggles resumed in Sunday's 98-93 loss to Toronto. The Magic erased a 21-point deficit but couldn't keep up down the stretch.

"We're kind of getting really known for digging ourselves a hole," rookie Victor Oladipo told the team's official website. "It's tough to always dig yourself out, but one thing going into the second half was knowing that we've done it before. We had all of the confidence in the world that we could come back and cut into the lead and get into the ball game. ... It's a learning lesson for us."

The Magic shot 55.1 percent for their third-highest mark this season, but went 10 of 14 from the foul line while the Raptors were 26 of 27.

Nikola Vucevic, averaging 22.7 points in the last three games, had 22 and 10 rebounds. Vucevic has scored at least 20 in three of his last five against the Cavaliers, though he's been held to six in each of the other two.

Fellow big man Anderson Varejao won't play for Cleveland due to a sprained shoulder suffered Sunday. He had 18 points and a career-high 25 boards in an 87-81 overtime win over Orlando on Jan. 2.

LINK:__http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=400489989

We should lose (for many reasons) but we won't

I don't know, it feels like we've consistently blown it against the Cavs all year.

Big game tonight, need to hold off Utah and Boston, who are right behind us. Even bigger game is tonight at 9pm when Denver and NO face eachother. I am hoping for blood.

I've been out of it this season: what happened to Irving?

Elbow, I believe. That is Cleveland code for bad attitude methinks.

I just found out I'm going to the game tonight. Pretty sweet, wasn't planning on seeing the Magic in person this year.

Enjoy! I got offered a free box seat at the last minute for tonight, had to pass due to a bad case of the flu. Cheering for the Magic tonight from my bed, but I get to go again next week though.