Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What in the Magic's history suggests they could "EVER"

It is contributing but in a negative fashion. He's questioning our chances of winning a championship. Our chances of winning a championship increase depends on dynamics of time and probabilities. In other words, there's an infinite amount of events that could change whether the Magic win a championship or not. Hell, the world could end.

Factoring my fantasies out, the Magic are right on pace to become a contender once again. Management, Character, and Humility have brought these players to their positions. Overall, this thread is worthless. Most people who posted in this thread were hear during our championship run. Besides having a stacked team and a stack bench, we were a young bold and gritty shooting guard away from a championship(who most likely was Courtney Lee). We needed a player with "EDGE" and that player wasn't Vince Carter. (Otherwise, if the Magic overpaid for Hedo and traded for Vince, that would have been the team. I believe during those 3 seasons, having the a certain combination of those the assets that we transacted or let go could have definitely resulted in a championship.

The magic had an enforcer (Matt Barnes), a petty and homeless man's foreign Magic Johnson (Hedo), nuissance for the opponent (Jameer), the stealthy 3rd option (Rashard), and a bench full of starter caliber players. However, that wasn't enough. I do like to add that the Magic did overpay Rashard to his albatross contract. The one no one should ever forget.

American Imperialism was rampant before WWII; the foundation was there well before WWII. Your point is not lost though.

American imperialism certainly existed, but it was very much in the realm of "Aw, look at the cute little Americans! They think they're people!" level when compared to what the major powers of Europe were doing at the time. We took over a few island nations for no reason, but the major European powers were seemingly competing to see who could carve Africa into the weirdest shapes. And that doesn't even get into what the Spanish did to South America.

But I certainly didn't mean to imply that there was no foundation for American political and military strength before WWII; America had established that, at least to some extent, over the course of the first World War some 20 years earlier. But there was very little before WWII to indicate that the United States would become THE cultural, economic and military monolith of the Western world for the subsequent 70 years.

It is negative this time but I will take it over the mod(and wannabe mod) police suppressing dialogue which had become a problem over the past couple years. Either way, Orlando is one of the few other-than-large markets I believe can cement a championship culture. We've been close, with good managing, we will get there.

American imperialism certainly existed, but it was very much in the realm of "Aw, look at the cute little Americans! They think they're people!" level when compared to what the major powers of Europe were doing at the time. We took over a few island nations for no reason, but the major European powers were seemingly competing to see who could carve Africa into the weirdest shapes. And that doesn't even get into what the Spanish did to South America.

But I certainly didn't mean to imply that there was no foundation for American political and military strength before WWII; America had established that, at least to some extent, over the course of the first World War some 20 years earlier. But there was very little before WWII to indicate that the United States would become THE cultural, economic and military monolith of the Western world for the subsequent 70 years.

The invention of the gatling and maxim guns in the late 19th century arguably were the start of western superiority from a political/military perspective. True, the brits and the frogs certainly owned the imperialism movement though. We need a gatling gun on our team...Wiggins anyone?

The invention of the gatling and maxim guns in the late 19th century arguably were the start of western superiority from a political/military perspective. True, the brits and the frogs certainly owned the imperialism movement though. We need a gatling gun on our team...Wiggins anyone?

We should trade for monta ellis

*sighs and every fellow member of his fantasy league knows why*

All else I really have to say about this thread is... welcome back, Ball Junkie. :shard:

Let's not forget about the economic and cultural powerhouse of Liberia :P

He is doing fine in Dallas. Dallas is fairly solid team.

I am going to see the Mavs play on my trip to see VC, Dirk, and Ellis. I am more excited to see the match up between VC and Paul George. Might be a dunk fest night.