Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Our Best Asset

Our best asset is Rob Hennigan. Having endured various poor GMs, and seeing Lopez now go down following the signing of a huge contract, Henny deserves a ton of credit for the job he's done. All of the media talking heads thought he should have traded for Bynum or Lopez. Well I'm perfectly fine with Vooch :). Go Magic!!!

• Upvote 2

The comedy of watching the Nets and Lakers talk up players with significant character and injury issues was entertainment. I doubt any gm with a brain would bite on two potential long term disasters (except my favorite gm of all time Otis "I would try to sign both" Smith). Good for both clubs. Now watching the Lakers try and talk up the soon to be disaster of Pau Gasol will be funny. Im sure Stern will broker a behind the scenes deal to bring in a great deal for the Lakers and head scratcher for some small market club. Kudos for Henny not being the same dumba$$ Otis was.

He's done a good job completly overhauling the Dwight era roster without taking back any bad deals and leaving our options open going forward. I'd like to see what kind of haul he can get for Afflalo on a career year. Hopefully he can find a taker for BBD in that deal.

He's done a good job completly overhauling the Dwight era roster without taking back any bad deals and leaving our options open going forward. I'd like to see what kind of haul he can get for Afflalo on a career year. Hopefully he can find a taker for BBD in that deal.

At this point, I'm not even sure we trade Afflalo. The way he's playing, he can be a legit #2 or #3 guy

At this point, I'm not even sure we trade Afflalo. The way he's playing, he can be a legit #2 or #3 guy

This was my thoughts. He is only 27 and we are still losing. After 2014 draft, we want to win any way and he is only making 7mil. By trading AA, we could get a second lottery pick. Also, by letting him go, we ensure our tanking process. These would be my reasons for letting him go.

This was my thoughts. He is only 27 and we are still losing. After 2014 draft, we want to win any way and he is only making 7mil. By trading AA, we could get a second lottery pick. Also, by letting him go, we ensure our tanking process. These would be my reasons for letting him go.

Fwiw, afflalo is 28

I say we keep him because hes clutch the guy goes on a scoring spree late in games weve already got one of the best sg in the game but afflalo will have to wait a few years until were a contender he'll be 30 by then and he may not have the patience to wait and if so I cant blame him either way I think it up to afflalo

I think keeping him is a bad idea. He's having a great year but I don't see him being able to play this well again consistently over the years. Selling high is what smart teams do.

Ist off as to the OP's thread... Henny is doing a fabulous job! He got us out of the cap hell that Otis got us into and got rid of some players that didn't fit or future plans.

As far as AA, I think that he just may be in Henny's plans which is why we are seeing VO5 playing so much PG. If we do trade AA it will not be because we have to, or want to, it will be because we get a great offer! As much as I'd like to see BBD tagged along in a deal that's $15M in salary some team will have to come up with so I think if traded they will go to separate teams. Unfortunately the main teams that could use AA really don't have enough to offer us. OKC would be best for us if we could get Reggie but then they have a lot of salary to fill coming back. They'd probably have to do Perk, Jackson, and another 1-2 young guys for AA and BBD, and I really don't see Henny taking on Perk's contract.

I think keeping him is a bad idea. He's having a great year but I don't see him being able to play this well again consistently over the years. Selling high is what smart teams do.

It'd be different if he was just shooting his ass off, but his game has improved in a few other areas, as well so I don't feel he's just on a hotstreak.

You're also never going to get equal value.

It'd be different if he was just shooting his ass off, but his game has improved in a few other areas, as well so I don't feel he's just on a hotstreak.

You're also never going to get equal value.

Yeah, but still...him playing at this high of a level for a while is unlikely IMO. I'd rather get picks, prospects and deal BBD with him.