Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Orlando's Best Fit at the Top of the 2014 Draft?

I'm sure there are differing opinions on this, but this guy makes a compelling case for Jabari Parker. I think Parker/Nicholson/Vuc would be a formidable tandem. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1887281-orlando-magic-would-be-a-scary-good-team-with-jabari-parker I'm becoming more confident in Oladipo as our PG of the future moving forward, as he seems to be playing better and better as the season wears on. Just compare his numbers with Westbrook's during their first few games in the league. If Oladipo can continue to improve, maybe a new PG won't be necessary.

In 31.2 minutes per game, Oladipo is averaging 14.0 points, 4.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 3.6 turnovers per game.

In 28.4 minutes per game in his first 23 games, Westbrook averaged 13.1 points, 3.9 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.7 turnovers per game.

Oladipo has made 42.0 percent of his overall shots and 29.2 percent of his 3-point tries.

Westbrook made 37.0 percent of his overall shots and 26.5 percent of his 3-point attempts.

Wow. Those stats are very impressive. Oladipo can easily be a top 5 PG in the league in 3 years.

I dont even think westbrook is even a top 5 PG in this league right now.. and Oladipo surely will not be there in 3 years.

We should stop comparing Oladipo to westbrook and maybe start comparing him with the likes of kemba walker and brandon knight.

We should stop comparing Oladipo to westbrook and maybe start comparing him with the likes of kemba walker and brandon knight.

Explain these comparisons, please.

Explain these comparisons, please.

Sure... Oladipo is a decent player with PG skills but not a guy that should be compared to Westbrook.

Don't understand why people continues to compare him with him. He is athletic but not at the level of Westbrook.

Kemba and knight seems to be better comparison for him and this should be ok. But, I just dont see him playing PG for long. Hopefully, he can be a good hybrid player as the likes of Wade, stuckey, billlups etc..

Now..if we are going to still compare him to current PG's, then we should bring his potential slightly lower than Westbrook. Hence, the Kemba and knight comparisons which still decent enough for me.

Sure... Oladipo is a decent player with PG skills but not a guy that should be compared to Westbrook.

Don't understand why people continues to compare him with him. He is athletic but not at the level of Westbrook.

Kemba and knight seems to be better comparison for him and this should be ok. But, I just dont see him playing PG for long. Hopefully, he can be a good hybrid player as the likes of Wade, stuckey, billlups etc..

Now..if we are going to still compare him to current PG's, then we should bring his potential slightly lower than Westbrook. Hence, the Kemba and knight comparisons which still decent enough for me.

Have you ever watched kemba, knight, or oladipo play? Oladipo is more like Eric Bledsoe or some weird opposite of oj mayo.