Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

an even better reason for them to trade.

Mack has been on 3 teams in 3 seasons; he hasn't established himself yet. I expected Schroeder to come in and take over that backup pg spot right away. Of course its too early to say otherwise, just that I'm a little disappointed since there's nothing behind Teague.

I do agree with you, I won't lose any sleep giving up Baby. I could see ATL considering that trade since they seem set in "win now" mode.

Mack has been on 3 teams in 3 seasons; he hasn't established himself yet. I expected Schroeder to come in and take over that backup pg spot right away. Of course its too early to say otherwise, just that I'm a little disappointed since there's nothing behind Teague.

I do agree with you, I won't lose any sleep giving up Baby. I could see ATL considering that trade since they seem set in "win now" mode.

I think the biggest thing that it would happen is time for drew and harris at pf.

From Chad Ford's chat today:

Would I be crazy to trade Arron Afflalo this year?

Chad Ford (1:29 PM)

Probably should've traded him for Eric Bledsoe this summer when you had the chance. Now that's the standard and I'm not sure there's a better deal out there, despite the fact that Afflalo has been playing at an All-Star level all year. One deal I think would make sense -- Greg Monroe and Rodney Stuckey for Afflalo and Tobias Harris

Good Lord, that is one of the worst trade ideas for us i have ever seen.

Edit: This probably belongs in the trade thread, my bad.

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ no!!!!! The thought of trading Tobias kills me

So what if there aren't better offers by comparison? If our objective is to trade him, teams will either up the ante or we'll sell him for the best we can get at the deadline (prospects, picks, whatever.) Getting back a package that makes us immediately better probably shouldn't be the objective anyway.

I understand why we didn't trade AA for Bledsoe. Teams like Sac and Cleveland would love to have AA for his leadership on and off the court. Plus, Bledsoe was erratic coming into this year.

Still I think the Monroe deal is too much. I understand the logic, though I think Oli, Harris and Vooch should be untouchable unless they net a star. AA and Hark or the Prof makes some sense, though I think a lineup of Monroe and Vooch down low is too immobile.

Though it won't happen, I'd love Parsons on this team.

I understand why we didn't trade AA for Bledsoe. Teams like Sac and Cleveland would love to have AA for his leadership on and off the court. Plus, Bledsoe was erratic coming into this year.

Still I think the Monroe deal is too much. I understand the logic, though I think Oli, Harris and Vooch should be untouchable unless they net a star. AA and Hark or the Prof makes some sense, though I think a lineup of Monroe and Vooch down low is too immobile.

Though it won't happen, I'd love Parsons on this team.

Agreed on all points.

and harris... lol

aa for monroe is not even even... lol

I wouldnt even trade harris for monroe.