Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

lol, just saw magical tweet that we're shopping jameer and bbd as a package and he said denver has slight interest...if hennigan somehow packages jameer and bbd in one trade and getting anything useful back...well i didn't think I could have anymore of a broner for rob, but i may prove myself wrong.

What's this guy have to do with anything? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrien_Broner

Autographs at the door:

Orlando trades AA and the Professor

and

OKC trades Lamb, Adams and Thabeet

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l53b9sv

I'm still not convinced that the team needs to trade Afflalo, unless the deal is too good to turn down. Personally I think he could still have a role to play in the rebuilding of this team. Granted he's not an elite shooting guard, but he has the skills to be a good contributor to a play off calibre team. So unless the team landed a lottery pick for him, or some stud player that a tanking team wants to get rid of, I'd consider keeping him on board.

As for this deal: Thabeet probably is no better than our rotation players, Adams has the potential to be a decent role player, and Lamb has the talent to become a potential starter. But overall, I am not sure it is a good deal for us. I'd rather keep Afflalo and Nicholson.

I still think we need to trade Afflalo while his value is high. Hell, his play has already started declining lately we need to try and get a package for him to keep the rebuild going.

Agreed. Let's ship him to Charlotte or Phoenix

Where would he play at the Suns? Not sure he'd start at their guard positions, and with Dragic at SG, they would be going small ball with Afflalo at SF.

Charlotte is interesting, but again not sure where he will play unless they trade Henderson. I suppose he could go in at SF, but again it would be them going small. Good thing about Charlotte is they have a couple of firsts, be nice to get one.

Here's a thought. I wonder if the Kings would be interested in the Nelson and Big Baby package? Nelson would give them a traditional PG, and Baby would slot in at PF. Not sure if they have the cap space for it, but if we could get a draft pick, and perhaps a player like Derrick Williams or Ben McLemore, it could be a good deal. They seem to want to make moves.

Or could they be a suitor for Afflalo? He could slot in at SG and help them improve defensively.