Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Really. Really?

Ok I meant everyone who has posted in this particular string of discussion in this particular thread. Not everyone in existence. Bismack probably thinks he's worth $7 million per year so great there's your one person which apparently discredits my whole argument.

I'm throwing you a bone here. I'm implying that you are appropriately identifying a problem area on this team but you have your values wrong.

I wasn't attempting to discredit your argument, I was attempting to make it more reasonable and in line with reality. I appreciate and respect your opinions gentlemen, you've all made some strong arguments for my consideration.

So Lance Stephenson is a max player? I haven't seen him play this year, but I sure didn't see it last year.

As the Pacers’ 2010 second-round draft pick, Stephenson is an eligible “Bird rights” player, which means he has spent at least three years with the same team. The “Bird rights” — named after team president Larry Bird during his playing days with the Boston Celtics — allows teams to exceed the salary cap by re-signing their own players. So, in theory, even with the eight guaranteed contracts for the 2014-15 season totaling approximately $60 million, the Pacers can use this exception to the cap and re-sign Stephenson with a “max” deal — which would be 25 percent of the salary cap. Since the 2014-15 salary cap will not be announced until next summer, the max is unknown. However, if the Pacers sign Stephenson to a max deal, they will not be able to stay below the luxury tax.

http://www.indystar....eal-from-Pacers

So Lance Stephenson is a max player? I haven't seen him play this year, but I sure didn't see it last year.

http://www.indystar....eal-from-Pacers

It doesn't say he's a max player, it's just pointing out that the Pacers could, in theory, offer him up to a max contract. Funny part is, I don't even see the quote in the link you provided, but it does say this:

Although the Pacers have roughly $60 million in salary committed for the 2014-15 season —including huge contracts belonging to Paul George and Roy Hibbert — when Stephenson hits the open market, Indiana can theoretically offer him a deal up to five years while still avoiding the NBA luxury tax.

It doesn't say he's a max player, it's just pointing out that the Pacers could, in theory, offer him up to a max contract. Funny part is, I don't even see the quote in the link you provided, but it does say this:

The link from the front page of the sports section still says Stephenson positioning himself for 5-year, maximum deal from Pacers Nov. 7, 2013 . Looks like they edited the article since I first posted.

I really want kevin love next to big nik. he can spread the floor, great passer.

also rebound machines. good luck tryna get a board against them 2 loool

1 can wish lol

^ bleh.

There has to be better options out there-I would rather hold onto that cap space for the next year than waste it on what those two may get.

However, don't forget that some, if not all of that cap space should/could be used on extending our own guys.

None of "our guys" will need extensions that start before 2015.

So we can spend every dime of our CAP space this summer and still extend all of them if we want to. Well, unless you're talking about E'twuan Moore. And if you ARE talking about E'twuan, then what the hell is wrong with you?

• Upvote 1

harris and vuc can get extensions this offseason, counting towards the cap for 2015-16. we have to strike before we pay those two or we won't have capspace to work with. bledsoe and monroe are probably going to get max contracts and i think both teams would match anyways. Indy is in a little bit of a bind though, stephenson might be had for 10-12 per, still overpaid but they'll match anything reasonable.

None of "our guys" will need extensions that start before 2015.

So we can spend every dime of our CAP space this summer and still extend all of them if we want to. Well, unless you're talking about E'twuan Moore. And if you ARE talking about E'twuan, then what the hell is wrong with you?

Thought Vucevic and Harris were close to the end of their rookie deals... Ehh if not, by all means...