Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Really?

He's younger, has a better PER last season, plays better defense, and averaged more points on less FGA.

In 30 less games. Plus Parsons is 6'9' and more versatile.

I don't want anyone to get my initial post wrong, I think at this point with our direction we are heading Bledsoe at that price would be a mistake for us. Just in my opinion, if Parsons and Hayward are getting max deals I'm surprised he hasn't yet from someone. He's already the best of those 3 and has a higher ceiling.

Mike what about the Lakers? Don't they have enough cap space to go after Bledsoe if they wanted?

With all the Lakers moves at the moment and cap holds, how much cap space they have now. I understand that Hill is not signed yet (Young as well?) and thus they do not count against cap, just cap holds. But a bit tricky to follow all of this around.

• Larry Coon
    Right now I have them at just a hair over $4 million in cap room, but most/all of that has to go to Nick Young. Since they had only non-Bird rights to him, they have to use their cap room to give him the money they promised him. That signing will take then right up to the cap (or very, very close to it), and then they’ll sign Jordan Hill with Bird rights. They will then have their Room exception ($2.732 million) and minimum salary contracts for filling out their roster.

This is all with Steve Nash on the books. If they decide to waive & stretch him, they’d gain an extra $6.6 million or so.

Read more at http://www.basketbal...xlFtRfim66Rp.99

In 30 less games. Plus Parsons is 6'9' and more versatile.

23 fewer games.

More versatile? He plays 1 position well.

Who cares how tall he is?

Does everybody on here know that Bledsoe is looking for 5 years/ 80M? Somebody will absolutely give him 4/60.

I've checked the Phoenix Suns forums and some believe he was purposely inflating his numbers for a big pay day. Not that I think its fact but hey..I don't watch them much. I've grown an aversion to overpaid second rate players

23 fewer games.

More versatile? He plays 1 position well.

Who cares how tall he is?

23 is so much less than 30, sorry.

I thought you wanted to move away from "positions", no? Parsons has a rare combination of shooting, passing and ball handling ability that most 3's don't have.

Height is pretty important in basketball. Being 6'9 is a huge advantage. To suggest otherwise is simply disingenuous on your part.

I thought you wanted to move away from "positions", no? Parsons has a rare combination of shooting, passing and ball handling ability that most 3's don't have.

Bledsoe started most of the year at SG, if my memory serves me correctly. Thus, from my perspective, he's quite versatile, too. The thing that scares me the most about him is his health.

The way Orlando is building this team isn’t unique, but it’s a little different, and you really feel that they are plotting to make a serious bid for a top tier free agent next summer.

Frye, for example, signed a four-year $32 million contract, but that’s movable if it looks like the team could land a star. He’s a solid veteran that contending teams love to have.

Similarly, Ben Gordon’s deal is only for two seasons with a second-year team option, so if they need the cap space next year he can be taken off the books. Young players likeVictor Oladipo, Payton and Aaron Gordon are on those rookie contracts teams love, so while the team is getting better on paper, the flexibility still exists too.

It is not quite the way the Dallas Mavericks have worked in the past, signing veterans to one-year deals so that they can shed them the following summer to pursue a superstar, but it’s from the same blueprint. General manager Rob Hennigan actually deserves a lot of credit, because the moves he is making are pleasing fans who want to see progress.

http://hoopshabit.co...nt-future-mind/