Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

What are you guys seeing in Bledsoe that I'm not seeing?

People see possible value in this market for a guy who could grow into a 20-4-4 guy who plays great defense. It wouldn't be a terrible signing but would completely limit us going forward assuming we resign Harris and Vuc.

People see possible value in this market for a guy who could grow into a 20-4-4 guy who plays great defense. It wouldn't be a terrible signing but would completely limit us going forward assuming we resign Harris and Vuc.

We could still use some of these young guys on good contracts to execute sign and trade deals if the opportunity to swipe a superstar presented itself. Just a thought.

I've wondered that too.

He's a solid third banana, but that's about it.

It's the "Bledsoe is better than parsons and Hayward so if we get Bledsoe for the same price it's a good deal" type of thinking. It wouldn't be a terrible contract but it would limit what we want to do going forward, would hurt Oladipo or Payton''s development, and would be indicative of Hennigan not having a long term plan.

We could still use some of these young guys on good contracts to execute sign and trade deals if the opportunity to swipe a superstar presented itself. Just a thought.

We're better off with the cap space so that we can have leverage.

We're better off with the cap space so that we can have leverage.

As long as someone has cap space we'd still have leverage. Young guys on nice contracts are generally more appealing than letting a guy walk for nothing, which would be the alternative.

Why would we want to sign Bledsoe on a big deal when Oladipo and Payton are supposed to be the future backcourt anyways? I think Rob showed a lot of faith in that duo this offseason by making his 3 backcourt acquisitions be 3 over the hill vet type guys in Ben Gordon, Willie Green and Luke Ridnour.

Why would we want to sign Bledsoe on a big deal when Oladipo and Payton are supposed to be the future backcourt anyways? I think Rob showed a lot of faith in that duo this offseason by making his 3 backcourt acquisitions be 3 over the hill vet type guys in Ben Gordon, Willie Green and Luke Ridnour.

I think its because Eric Bledsoe would seal the deal for our unstoppable back-court fantasy. It sure would for me.

People see possible value in this market for a guy who could grow into a 20-4-4 guy who plays great defense.

That's right. If Bledsoe stays healthy and keeps growing as a player, I see him as a legit all-star in a year or two who is just heading into his prime. Since we're talking bananas, I see him as a second banana on a contending team if my second sentence proves true. And at this point, we don't know what kind of bananas we have on our roster smile.gif.

It's the "Bledsoe is better than parsons and Hayward so if we get Bledsoe for the same price it's a good deal" type of thinking. It wouldn't be a terrible contract but it would limit what we want to do going forward, would hurt Oladipo or Payton''s development, and would be indicative of Hennigan not having a long term plan.

I don't agree that he's better than Parsons at all.

I don't agree that he's better than Parsons at all.

Really?

He's younger, has a better PER last season, plays better defense, and averaged more points on less FGA.

Really?

He's younger, has a better PER last season, plays better defense, and averaged more points on less FGA.

So take that JEC!!!

smile_bigparty.gif