Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

The Art of Tanking

Might not be Henny, but it sure sounds like him:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9893551/anonymous-nba-gm-why-team-tank-season-espn-magazine

"We're not alone. Look at the 76ers. Since the draft in June, I don't think they've signed a player or made a trade to add a legitimate player. A bunch of us realize that our teams aren't good enough talentwise to do anything. You're going to be bad. There's no way around it. And even if you finish 0-82, there's still a 75 percent chance you don't get the No. 1 pick. We're just going to take our lumps and hope our number gets called."

So it's not the 76ers GM.

Might not be Henny, but it sure sounds like him:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9893551/anonymous-nba-gm-why-team-tank-season-espn-magazine

"We're not alone. Look at the 76ers. Since the draft in June, I don't think they've signed a player or made a trade to add a legitimate player. A bunch of us realize that our teams aren't good enough talentwise to do anything. You're going to be bad. There's no way around it. And even if you finish 0-82, there's still a 75 percent chance you don't get the No. 1 pick. We're just going to take our lumps and hope our number gets called."

So it's not the 76ers GM.

I doubt Henny would say that

No chance it was Henny. He says all the right things all the time. It is kinda cool to see a GM admit something like that though. Everyone knows a handful of teams are tanking as hard as possible to enter the Wiggins Sweepstakes. We didn't have the worst team in basketball last year but Hennigan made sure it ended up that way. He'll find a way to get us in the top 3 picks again. Guy is a genius.

I meant to hit like but I fat fingered it so you got a dislike. It's the thought that counts.

I meant to hit dislike but ended up liking it by accident ;)

• Upvote 1

No chance it was Henny. He says all the right things all the time. It is kinda cool to see a GM admit something like that though. Everyone knows a handful of teams are tanking as hard as possible to enter the Wiggins Sweepstakes. We didn't have the worst team in basketball last year but Hennigan made sure it ended up that way. He'll find a way to get us in the top 3 picks again. Guy is a genius.

So you create the "worst team in basketball", and that makes you a genius? Sign me up. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who could put together a team that wouldn't win a single game.