Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

how much do you guys really think he'll get? I can't see him getting Pek money. I think something along the line of the Splitter deal is more appropriate. Vuc has had ups but some games it's like he's not even there. You can't pay big money to a guy who doesn't show up all the time. He's an excellent rebounder (both ways) but he doesn't impact the game enough defensively to warrant the big money.

For the last couple of years we have all seen players get overpaid in free agency. A team looking for a consistent front court scorer who averages double digits in rebounds will overpay for that in free agency. Hopefully we can lock him up for a reasonable amount before that happens. Plenty of players out there that are challenged defensively who are getting paid well.

Seems like in the NBA there is a trend of paying centers at a higher level than any other position. It won't shock me when he gets payed 10 - 12 mil a season. I would love if he took anything less than 10mil a season, but I doubt that will happen.

Also he has one more season on his current contract, right? He might have a fantastic season next year and really push his value, particularly if Orlando finish in the playoffs.

Seems like in the NBA there is a trend of paying centers at a higher level than any other position. It won't shock me when he gets payed 10 - 12 mil a season. I would love if he took anything less than 10mil a season, but I doubt that will happen.

Also he has one more season on his current contract, right? He might have a fantastic season next year and really push his value, particularly if Orlando finish in the playoffs.

It would not surprise me to see Henny move Vuch for more assets or to move up in the draft. Im not sure he warrants what big men demand in the nba (a la Brooke Lopez). I think Vuch will still be an outstanding player/borderline all star soon enough but I wouldnt bet 12 million bucks per year on it if I had options to move our second first and Vuch for a shot at the top 3. I could see Henny using Vuch to move up in the draft for sure.

It would not surprise me to see Henny move Vuch for more assets or to move up in the draft. Im not sure he warrants what big men demand in the nba (a la Brooke Lopez). I think Vuch will still be an outstanding player/borderline all star soon enough but I wouldnt bet 12 million bucks per year on it if I had options to move our second first and Vuch for a shot at the top 3. I could see Henny using Vuch to move up in the draft for sure.

Yeah I agree and can see that as being an option that could take place, especially when we all know at least one team will throw a large amount at him. If Otis was here he would probably throw more in the 14mil range at him.... because it was Otis!

Interesting scenario and you could be right. Look at what he had to do when Ryan Anderson became a restricted free agent, and his numbers were 16 points and less than 8 rebounds. It still got him over 8 million a year for 4 years, but since he we had to match or lose him at least we landed the ugliest player (Gustavo) ever to play the game. There's a joke there somewhere. Now would be the time to move him because he's still on a cheap contract for another year. If we could wind up with 2 top 5 picks, he might consider it, unless they see Nik as being a long term Magic for close to 12M a year.

SPURS~ ~~~~~!!!

Anyway, Go Magic..the draft is coming soon and all this will come to an end. I'm looking forward to possibly seeing some trades during the deadline er draft.

Yeah I agree and can see that as being an option that could take place, especially when we all know at least one team will throw a large amount at him. If Otis was here he would probably throw more in the 14mil range at him.... because it was Otis!

Otis would have moved him and our high first this year for Vince Crater (again) and Jason Richardson (again)....cant get enough of those guys on your team. Give me the opportunity to say it again...Otis was the single worst person associated with the Magic in our history. He didnt give a crap and just sunk our team for years at the end.

I think Nik has too unique a skill set to send off, unless we end up with someone like a healthy Embiid in return. I do think at least one of our young guns is going to get moved though.

Crappy night in the league, not a single game worked out for our betterment except our own.