Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

Once again heat win a game on a no call from the refs. Lebron clearly interfered with the basket on an Al Jefferson put back with 20 seconds left that would have tied the game. There's no call and Chalmers runs down court for an easy basket to put Heat up by 4.

It's getting to be the WWE. Lebron James has never committed a foul.

Once again heat win a game on a no call from the refs. Lebron clearly interfered with the basket on an Al Jefferson put back with 20 seconds left that would have tied the game. There's no call and Chalmers runs down court for an easy basket to put Heat up by 4.

I watched that game myself also. James followed through interfering with Jefferson's dunk. It went uncalled. Of course, this changes the momentum of the game after the offensive foul that clearly happened in front of the official but it was not called as expected.

The Bobcats were really disciplined and looked like they knew what they wanted to do.

Why has the NBA been leveled out to a system where only certain players receive the calls. I have been pondering this "reputation" calls for years. The intentions of the officials is so overt that there is no shame. Its analogous "they shouldn't make that call at the end of the game" logic. If its a foul, its a foul. I don't even care if it was against the Magic in the finals in game 7 with game on the line. I just want to see unbiased, fair, even slated game because that's the way it should be. The rules should be consistent throughout and should apply to every player evenly in order to run an ethical and organization. This will never be the case so we should take the Spurs approach. Be efficient. Be great. Don't say a thing. Lastly, do not buy into the NBA propaganda.

I tend to always ask myself this question: In my everyday life, what am I not seeing?

guys, our boy Ryan Anderson aka Neo aka Flamethrower was beasting tonight against the bulls. 12-20 overall, 7-11 from deep to the tune of 36, yes 36 points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej_4ejRiLT0

and the other night he dropped 30 points in a win over the Knicks (YES!) going 7-11 from deep. The team needs him now that Davis is out, hope he keeps it up.

I watched that game myself also. James followed through interfering with Jefferson's dunk. It went uncalled. Of course, this changes the momentum of the game after the offensive foul that clearly happened in front of the official but it was not called as expected.

The Bobcats were really disciplined and looked like they knew what they wanted to do.

Why has the NBA been leveled out to a system where only certain players receive the calls. I have been pondering this "reputation" calls for years. The intentions of the officials is so overt that there is no shame. Its analogous "they shouldn't make that call at the end of the game" logic. If its a foul, its a foul. I don't even care if it was against the Magic in the finals in game 7 with game on the line. I just want to see unbiased, fair, even slated game because that's the way it should be. The rules should be consistent throughout and should apply to every player evenly in order to run an ethical and organization. This will never be the case so we should take the Spurs approach. Be efficient. Be great. Don't say a thing. Lastly, do not buy into the NBA propaganda.

I tend to always ask myself this question: In my everyday life, what am I not seeing?

It sucks, but lets be thankful there isn't a coaches challenge with video replay system. Haha. Unfortunately there is a human element in this and biases are bound to happen. I don't think this is anything new. I agree though, the refs should get a stern talking to...

It sucks, but lets be thankful there isn't a coaches challenge with video replay system. Haha. Unfortunately there is a human element in this and biases are bound to happen. I don't think this is anything new. I agree though, the refs should get a STERN talking to...

I believe they already have, which is likely what created the problem in the first place.

Pretty much anyone in the East that are NOT the Heat know they don't have much, if any chance, so I think they're ALL tanking. Okay, not the Pacers, but do we really think the Pacers will take the Heat in a seven game series? Will anyone?

Ugh - it's so painfully boring.

Pretty much anyone in the East that are NOT the Heat know they don't have much, if any chance, so I think they're ALL tanking. Okay, not the Pacers, but do we really think the Pacers will take the Heat in a seven game series? Will anyone?

Pacers went to seven games with the heat last season and look improved this season. It's not outside the realms of possibility that they can beat the heat this season (although it has to be said that they're improvement can't yet be fully gauged since they've not had a particularly tough schedule).

Whatever's best for business.

LeBron James is SO John Cena. Team Fake Nice FTL.

So anyway, 18 games in.. let's kick it old school! (P.S. If you're not aware, these are in order of biggest difference to smallest)

Stock Up:

Aaron Afflalo. (I've always liked him in his Denver days but I thought he peaked two years ago. Boy am I glad to be wrong!)

Nikola Vucevic. (If anyone questioned his consistency in the first quarter or so of the season, they've been proven wrong. I also think he's a little tougher, and definitely better in the post.. when we actually give him the ball. Plus we see what happens when he doesn't play. Ouch.)

Andrew Nicholson. (He actually hustles on D and hits threes now! Kinda says it all.

Victor Oladipo. (Most of us thought picking him #2 would work out and he would be good.. but this good this soon while playing out of position half the time?)

Ronnie Price. (I honestly expected nothing.)

E'twaun Moore (Hey! He can hit shots again! Who knew a healthy elbow mattered towards good shooting....)

P.S. Jameer would of been a stock up, but oh look, he's "hurt" again. What else is new?

Stock Down:

Turnovers. (Need I say more? At least Oladipo is super young, and he has a good chance of cutting his down)

Maurice Harkless. (I thought I'd see more by now. I'm by no means done with him, he is indeed only 10. I've seen the birth certificate. But I'd like to see more progress. Either that or... hurry back Tobias Harris..?)

Glen Davis. (Look I'm glad he's back and everything, but could he play a little better while he's out there? I know, I know, we don't want to win many games. But still. If i didn't know any better I would say that he's trying to drive DOWN his trade value so he can stay in Orlando.

...? Nah.)

Jason Maxiell. (Unlike Ronnie Price, I was expecting something.)

Hedo Turkolgu. (For still just being on the team roster. Just.. go away, already. Then just maybe we can remember the good times.)

hedo-turkoglu-pizza.jpg

Jacques Vaughn. (Stop smirking so much, even my girlfriend can tell you're tanking!)

Overall it's a much more enjoyable season to watch than last year, even with the 12-13 start around this time last year. Go Magic, but not too much. I wonder if you can improve as a team while losing?

• Upvote 5

I wonder if you can improve as a team while losing?

Everything you said. As for that last part, I think as long as you're losing close games, like that one last night, you can build off it. If you keep just losing games for a season, you know your players will probably be better the next year and more consistent, as well as having experienced a close loss.

When you get blown out night after night, I think that's when you have to worry about that mentality of losing setting in, and that's real hard to get rid of.

• Upvote 1

7 games with home court advantage, I'll probably take the Pacers. Wade is old and Hibbert is a monster (especially against the Heat). Paul George is a bad boy but the Heat also have the best SF ever