Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

So tell me when the Cavs lost two HOF centers to the Lakers?... Listen I love Orlando. But we are the worst franchise in the NBA. We get great talent and then blow it out our butts.

And being honest, I don't care about any other team...

You say Brian Hill years were worst, prove it...

What is Vaughn's win record in 2yrs compared to Brian Hills win record in 2yrs? (Brian's first year posted 50 wins) (Crap, Doc Rivers had 41 wins in his first yr) please post it in CAPS and BOLD.

And again tell me why our young guys are suffering while players who won't be here, eat up the minutes?

Better yet, post some stats, some evidence that I'm wrong. Because I promise... None of you who don't agree can.

The Cavs lost a top 5 player of all time to the Heat. I think that qualifies as being as bad losing Shaq to the Lakers and trading Dwight to the Lakers (Note: Dwight left the Lakers and we hands down turned out the best of the 4 teams in that trade). I think if anything Dwight playing for other teams has proven that in any other system except the one SVG ran he isn't a franchise player.

The point.... Missed.

I care only about Orlando.

Doc Rivers played a team that had less than now, but stuck with a plan, a consistent rotation, and let the chips fall where they did... 41wins.

Vaugh has a team with a good amount of talent, but has no plan, had no consistent rotation, and forces the chips to fall... Leading to 14 wins with 31 games to go.

If he or anyone else thinks that drafting a number one pick next year is going to bring us an additional 10-15 wins, after watching this season, they are kidding themselves.

Plus let's add the logical fact the College players still have to commit to the Draft, didn't anyone learn from Marcus Smart last year?????

Good grief, you guys really think we have a real legit plan... Sad. All it takes is for Wiggins and Parker to stay another year, then we are screwed... And tanked a season for nothing. - that's playing devils advocate.

So let's play that game. Lew,Cap,Ibn,etc

Let's say we trade Nelson and Glen, maybe a young player for cap and picks. We end the year around 20 wins, we get the number one pick.

What if the top prospects stay a year and for go this years draft, what is plan B,C,D?

Or do you just go for tanking year 3?

I don't understand what you are even saying. You care only about Orlando? How can anybody every define which franchise is the worst in the league without comparing that franchise to other franchises. It's like me saying "Chocolate is the best flavor of ice cream... Oh by the way I've never actually tasted any other flavor of ice cream."

What exactly would your plan be then? You don't want to play players who won't be here soon but you don't want to lose games, (FYI, take Jameer or Aaron out of this team for the entire year and we'd have lost more games) Vaughn in your eyes has a "good amount of talent" and should be winning more so what? We don't need to tank? We should fire Vaighn and hire a vet coach? We shouldn't try and draft a potential all star player and instead should push this team to 35 wins and get the 9th pick in the draft? I'm just trying to get your mind set since you are quick to criticize everything this franchise does but I've never seen you offer a solution.

How can you claim the Magic to be the worst franchise in the League, then ignore points people make about other franchises to show how bad they are because "you only care about the Magic"? You can't compare them to everyone else, and then ignore the points people make, comparing them to everyone else without looking ridiculous.

Oh and Lew...

Orlando almost lost the Magic franchise. Minnesota has never dealt with this, neither has Clipps or Cavs.

You cannot be considered a good franchise when your city almost lost you less than 5 yrs ago. If that arena doesn't get built, we all root for a new team.

Just Sayin

Minneapolis Lakers.

The point.... Missed.

I care only about Orlando.

Doc Rivers played a team that had less than now, but stuck with a plan, a consistent rotation, and let the chips fall where they did... 41wins.

Vaugh has a team with a good amount of talent, but has no plan, had no consistent rotation, and forces the chips to fall... Leading to 14 wins with 31 games to go.

If he or anyone else thinks that drafting a number one pick next year is going to bring us an additional 10-15 wins, after watching this season, they are kidding themselves.

Plus let's add the logical fact the College players still have to commit to the Draft, didn't anyone learn from Marcus Smart last year?????

Good grief, you guys really think we have a real legit plan... Sad. All it takes is for Wiggins and Parker to stay another year, then we are screwed... And tanked a season for nothing. - that's playing devils advocate.

So let's play that game. Lew,Cap,Ibn,etc

Let's say we trade Nelson and Glen, maybe a young player for cap and picks. We end the year around 20 wins, we get the number one pick.

What if the top prospects stay a year and for go this years draft, what is plan B,C,D?

Or do you just go for tanking year 3?

That doesn't generally happen. Players who have a shot to be number 1 don't stay in school. It happens occasionally but you can't improve your draft stock any more than #1.

You are running around like chicken little right now. Why, in a season where everyone knew we would be a 20 win team, are you freaking out about us being a 20 win team?

in all honesty, after being sold on the tanking/rebuilding concept, what I'm worrying more about is that we would win more than we should … don't take me wrong, for I like to win as much as the next guy … and, like last night, to me it's a lot of fun watching our pups (excuse the plagiarism, Soul Bro) do their thing, even if we loose ...

By this logic, wouldn't the several cities that DID lose their teams be worse than the Magic?

How can a team that no longer exist be worst than a team that does exist? It's like comparing Seattle to Orlando.

You know, when the crap hits the fan and we are looking like this next year in terms of production and wins... I will be waiting for a crap load of apologies.

And if I'm wrong, I will make a whole thread about how wrong I am and how right each of you were.

i will shut up... For now.

How can a team that no longer exist be worst than a team that does exist? It's like comparing Seattle to Orlando.

Except the franchises still exist. And if "almost losing the team" looks bad for our franchise, then actually losing a team would have to look worse for those franchises.

At this point, you're moving goalposts all over the place, and it's making you look ridiculous.

• Upvote 4

Relax. Honestly, I think players like Harkless, Harris, and Nichs are being told to hold back. It just doesn't seem in their character to be worse then they are playing right now. In fact, they've improved their character by accepting losing this year instead of becoming headcases and ranting about it similar to Cuttino Mobley , Doug Christie, and Dwight Howard himself. these band of players (excluding Glen Davis) are players management should pursue.

In a couple of years, you guys will be complaining about how we didn't win by a dominating margin. Then one person will mention that winning by a small margin equates to the Magic not being a title contender. So freaking predictable.

Again. RELAX. Have a beer and wait till next year. Drink some whine and you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1