Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

I'm starting to think Vaughn hates Nicholson. 0 minutes in a blow out win.

He did do this to harkless and o'quinn too though. I must admit I do like Nicholson so maybe I'm being naive.

I understand this forum is completely dead but is this really necessary? As if there isn't enough negativity surrounding the team. Admittedly I get caught up in it too but when it's constantly occurring its tough to stay positive.

Yes it is... Because obviously I'm the only who is noticing our dysfunction and it's not cool.

Besides with tanking garbage, the rebuilding garbage, the please don't panic garbage... Give me some reasons to think otherwise

Vaughn's qoute on what's good for success has lit me on fire.

Let's go O, Captin, IB, Etc.... Enlighten those who are like me that there is something positive about this whole year. That the constant yo-yo minutes won't hurt anyone or their future. That playing trade prices major minutes equals something. That our schemes are so complicated that we can't figure them out.

And yes, you guys could slap me... But shattering your hand in the process, isn't something you need. I'm a hard head, like a Rock baby ...lol

• Upvote 1

Yes it is... Because obviously I'm the only who is noticing our dysfunction and it's not cool.

Just stop right there. Because this tells me you have absolutely no idea what dysfunctional is.

You want to know what dysfunctional is? take a look at the Cleveland Cavaliers. Their players don't like each other, the coaches have no control over the players, and management has no f*cking clue what they're doing. That team was supposedly built for a playoff spot in a weak eastern conference but is failing MISERABLY. Another example? the New York Knicks, who a season ago won 50+ games and are now desperately trying to just break even. That team is surrounded by dysfunction, from the players, to the coaches, to Dolan opening his mouth as well. Sh*t, take a look at the team we beat tonight the Pistons. That is a team being run by a GM with no direction, who honestly should have been fired about 5 years ago. Mo Cheeks is a known "players coach" (that's code word for doesn't give a f***/doesn't hold his players accountable) which leads to Josh Smith 3s and Jennings chucking the ball (btw went 5-23 tonight). I'm not even bringing up our team from 2 years ago (which is probably next to the damn word in the dictionary).

I'm pretty happy we have none of that garbage on our squad. Yea, we have our issues but those pale in comparison to some of the things above. Everyone seems to get along, and the players seem to care about improving themselves. Even if there are issues (and i'm sure there are) these guys do a damn good job of being pros about it. The coaches have also been pretty level headed and I have yet to hear players and coaches arguing or sniping at each other. So please, take everything into consideration and realize it could be much, much worse (and no, we are not worse than Brian Hill).

/rant

• Upvote 4

Do y'all feel that we REALLY are in "tank mode"? when y'all explain it, it makes sense especially because of our rebuilding status, but … read Schmitz's Take: Will Magic win too much? Don't laugh

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/magic-basketblog/os-mbb--magic-win-too-much-schmitz-take-20140205,0,3158823.post

I don't like this tanking stuff either. This year is the year to do it if at all and I still hate the idea. It is what it is though.

My biggest concern is that we are supposed to have these great young assets according to some and that we need to let them grow. The problem I see is that tanking appears to be mitigating their growth. Have you seen any growth from our young guns-Oladipo aside because he's a rookie? Nik has not improved this year as far as I can tell, Mo is still an enigma, Nich is buried, and Harris is inconsistent at best. While they still have a bright future in my eyes the only one who seems to have improved over the summer is Nicholson, but he can't sniff pt.

Aside from how to lose, what else are they learning this season that will make this the core moving forward?

Also, if they gel...even just a little bit...we are outside the bottom 4 in the lottery in no time. A trade or two needs to happen.

Just stop right there. Because this tells me you have absolutely no idea what dysfunctional is.

You want to know what dysfunctional is? take a look at the Cleveland Cavaliers.

So tell me when the Cavs lost two HOF centers to the Lakers?... Listen I love Orlando. But we are the worst franchise in the NBA. We get great talent and then blow it out our butts.

And being honest, I don't care about any other team...

You say Brian Hill years were worst, prove it...

What is Vaughn's win record in 2yrs compared to Brian Hills win record in 2yrs? (Brian's first year posted 50 wins) (Crap, Doc Rivers had 41 wins in his first yr) please post it in CAPS and BOLD.

And again tell me why our young guys are suffering while players who won't be here, eat up the minutes?

Better yet, post some stats, some evidence that I'm wrong. Because I promise... None of you who don't agree can.

So tell me when the Cavs lost two HOF centers to the Lakers?... Listen I love Orlando. But we are the worst franchise in the NBA. We get great talent and then blow it out our butts.

And being honest, I don't care about any other team...

You say Brian Hill years were worst, prove it...

What is Vaughn's win record in 2yrs compared to Brian Hills win record in 2yrs? (Brian's first year posted 50 wins) (Crap, Doc Rivers had 41 wins in his first yr) please post it in CAPS and BOLD.

And again tell me why our young guys are suffering while players who won't be here, eat up the minutes?

Better yet, post some stats, some evidence that I'm wrong. Because I promise... None of you who don't agree can.

Lol. We're nowhere near the worst franchise. In 25 years we've made the playoffs 14 times and the finals twice. We have more good years than bad years.

The clippers have been around for 44 years and have 9 playoff appearances

Minnesota has 8 in 25 years.

We have a higher cumulative winning percentage than 14 other teams.

Philadelphia lost Wilt to California twice. They lost Barkley.

Why judge a coach by win % when we're not trying to win?

Lol. We're nowhere near the worst franchise. In 25 years we've made the playoffs 14 times and the finals twice. We have more good years than bad years.

The clippers have been around for 44 years and have 9 playoff appearances

Minnesota has 8 in 25 years.

We have a higher cumulative winning percentage than 14 other teams.

Philadelphia lost Wilt to California twice. They lost Barkley.

Why judge a coach by win % when we're not trying to win?

The point.... Missed.

I care only about Orlando.

Doc Rivers played a team that had less than now, but stuck with a plan, a consistent rotation, and let the chips fall where they did... 41wins.

Vaugh has a team with a good amount of talent, but has no plan, had no consistent rotation, and forces the chips to fall... Leading to 14 wins with 31 games to go.

If he or anyone else thinks that drafting a number one pick next year is going to bring us an additional 10-15 wins, after watching this season, they are kidding themselves.

Plus let's add the logical fact the College players still have to commit to the Draft, didn't anyone learn from Marcus Smart last year?????

Good grief, you guys really think we have a real legit plan... Sad. All it takes is for Wiggins and Parker to stay another year, then we are screwed... And tanked a season for nothing. - that's playing devils advocate.

So let's play that game. Lew,Cap,Ibn,etc

Let's say we trade Nelson and Glen, maybe a young player for cap and picks. We end the year around 20 wins, we get the number one pick.

What if the top prospects stay a year and for go this years draft, what is plan B,C,D?

Or do you just go for tanking year 3?

Oh and Lew...

Orlando almost lost the Magic franchise. Minnesota has never dealt with this, neither has Clipps or Cavs.

You cannot be considered a good franchise when your city almost lost you less than 5 yrs ago. If that arena doesn't get built, we all root for a new team.

Just Sayin