Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

Okay. I understand we're not that good, but what really bothers me about this team is that we don't have an identity. This comes from the coaching staff. Can we be a young running team? Can we be a defensive minded team? Can we rebound? Can we beat you up? Can we just be a good fundamental team? What I see is a bunch of guys with no real direction and not improving too much. I know JV was brought in for a massive rebuild and probably told he has 3-4 years leeway but please focus on a plan to make the guys we have better already.

• Upvote 2

Okay. I understand we're not that good, but what really bothers me about this team is that we don't have an identity. This comes from the coaching staff. Can we be a young running team? Can we be a defensive minded team? Can we rebound? Can we beat you up? Can we just be a good fundamental team? What I see is a bunch of guys with no real direction and not improving too much. I know JV was brought in for a massive rebuild and probably told he has 3-4 years leeway but please focus on a plan to make the guys we have better already.

Hard to disagree with this. It feels like two teams are on the court at any time: the vets running set plays and the youngins standing around, watching.

So Hedo wound up on the Clippers. He's going to hate California pizza.

Maybe we should be trying to trade them big baby. Oh god could you imagine big baby at lob city? Hahahahaha!

+100000000000000000000000

So last night we were dusted again.....This time losing by 30pts... our starting 5 had these amazing stats:

PF - Glen Davis - 9pts, 11 reb

SF - Tobias Harris - 2pts, 5 reb

C - Nikola Vucevic - 2pts, 8 reb

PG - Jameer Nelson - 3pts, 3reb, 4 ast

SG - Arron Afflalo - 12pts, 3reb, 4 ast

OUR STARTING FIVE COULD ONLY PUT UP 28 POINTS TOTAL... TOTAL..... AS IN THE WHOLE GAME.

I know there is the tanking issue.... but im not sure we are actually trying to tank... I am beginning to think that we are really this bad, and that the system we have is really this bad. Our defense is really bad.

Which only starts the burning question of.... When do start talking about a coaching change... after we get #1 or #2 pick this year... or after we get the #1 or #2 pick for next year.

Hey Echo.. Remember this quote you sent a youtube video of Panic on...

What are your thoughts now?... Still dont think Im making any sense.... Because plenty of people are seeing what I have been preaching for weeks now.

Just Saying.

Hey Echo.. Remember this quote you sent a youtube video of Panic on...

What are your thoughts now?... Still dont think Im making any sense.... Because plenty of people are seeing what I have been preaching for weeks now.

Just Saying.

I'm not Echo but I think it's fairly clear what's happening in O-Town. Are we bad? Yes. We are starting two vets in Meer and Baby that probably shouldn't start on any team in the league at this point. Why are they starting? Because I think we're showcasing them for trades and because they model hard work. Meanwhile, AA is here because he is a very solid player who I think Henny and Co. are trying to use to infect the team with a post-Dwight culture of excellent, team-centric, gritty ball. Then we have the pups, who are honestly just trying to grow up. Before I make any judgement on Jacque, I want to see the vets traded, which I believe will happen soon. I still hold that we have a great young core in Oladipo, Harris and Vooch.

• Upvote 3

Hedo got minutes. I'm speechless.

And perfect from the field. Clearly the reason this man hasn't been getting minutes is that he'd help us win too many games. Clearly.

I'm not Echo but I think it's fairly clear what's happening in O-Town. Are we bad? Yes. We are starting two vets in Meer and Baby that probably shouldn't start on any team in the league at this point. Why are they starting? Because I think we're showcasing them for trades and because they model hard work. Meanwhile, AA is here because he is a very solid player who I think Henny and Co. are trying to use to infect the team with a post-Dwight culture of excellent, team-centric, gritty ball. Then we have the pups, who are honestly just trying to grow up. Before I make any judgement on Jacque, I want to see the vets traded, which I believe will happen soon. I still hold that we have a great young core in Oladipo, Harris and Vooch.

So what happen to Moe being apart of the core?

To me, even with the young players.. the Magic does not seem to have a plan in place for them. I mean seriously, you knew what you had before the season started... you added one additional talent to the mix..... and yet we play like we just traded Dwight Howard.

The minutes have been so sporadic that its beyond making any sense to complete humor.

The system or non system we run has no identity.... actually, we had more of an identity last year then we did this year, totally backwards for an organization trying to rise from the ground.

You guys can make excuses all you want, you can say that we are trying to tank or that JV is trying to showcase, etc. But the play speaks for itself, the rotation speaks for itself, and the players speak as well... Not to long ago there was a tweet by Moe: "You think you know how I feel, But you dont" ... That tweet told me right there what I have been seeing. A frustrated player, who isnt getting any help to be successful.... maybe thats why he isnt considered the "core" anymore...

So much for our beloved early pick that "WE ALL" wanted before drafting Drew. Im sure Moe will just turn into T-Mac some place else. Dont stay in Orlando, we dont have a clue to how to use players or even build a talented team to win a championship. Nope, we are good at drafting high talent, letting them practice a few years and then handing them off to the Lakers. Im sure SVG will be the next former coach to win a ring with another organization like Doc did.

• Upvote 1