Sign in to follow this  
qball626

Why sell a second rounder???

Second round picks are not guaranteed contracts and thus don't count against the cap. Why don't the Magic try to be more like the Spurs & Suns and scout foreign players that can be kept overseas to further develop and then brought over after they blossom. No, instead we use a lottery pick on the likes of Fran Vasquez, who had NO intentions of coming over right away!!! I hope the cash considerations were considerable for this pick. Guess there'll be no Manu Ginobli in our future.

Second round picks are not guaranteed contracts and thus don't count against the cap. Why don't the Magic try to be more like the Spurs & Suns and scout foreign players that can be kept overseas to further develop and then brought over after they blossom. No, instead we use a lottery pick on the likes of Fran Vasquez, who had NO intentions of coming over right away!!! I hope the cash considerations were considerable for this pick. Guess there'll be no Manu Ginobli in our future.

magic fans can be so contradictory! I remember 2 years ago when we drafted Fran Vasquez and he didn't show.These very same boards were littered with fans slating the magic for picking an unknown overseas player and screwing the magic over. I remeber a huge publicity at the time saying we should never risk taking an overseas pick ever again.Otis and the magic should be ashamed and embarassed blaa blaa blaa.

Now we sell the 54th pick in the draft and everyone is up inarms sayin we should have picked a foreigner and left them overseas. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but at least be consistent.

At the end of the day, it's the 54th pick AND we still have the 44th pick. Its not like it was a first rounder or even like we didn't have another pick. just chill out and enjoy the night.

quote:
Originally posted by qball626:

Looks like to me they should fire Twardzik. Because if he was doing his job scouting overseas we would want to get our hands on every second round pick we could. How can a team like the Rockets be willing to pay for a low pick? It is because they have done their homework and I bet they pick an overseas guy that they will let stay there to develop.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Could this possibly have something to do with a potential buy-out for Fran!?

Maybe you missed my last post Adam, I have already explained why they need the money.

Houston paid for the pick in unmarked, untraceable bills. Otis is using this money to pay my fee for services rendered.

Do you actually think Fran suddenly had a change of heart on his own???

I was contracted by the Magic to have Fran's girlfriend replaced with a "stepford" type double. She is now under my contol!!!

After Fran arrives in Orlando to sign his contract, Otis has agreed to pay me in cash in exchange for her controller. Unless he pays up though, I will have her telling Fran to give basketball to be her full time pool boy. If you don't want to see Fran in a thong, Otis better pay up!!!!

Haahahahahhahahahhaahaa!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Chief holmes:

magic fans can be so contradictory! I remember 2 years ago when we drafted Fran Vasquez and he didn't show.These very same boards were littered with fans slating the magic for picking an unknown overseas player and screwing the magic over. I remeber a huge publicity at the time saying we should never risk taking an overseas pick ever again.Otis and the magic should be ashamed and embarassed blaa blaa blaa.

Now we sell the 54th pick in the draft and everyone is up inarms sayin we should have picked a foreigner and left them overseas. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but at least be consistent.

At the end of the day, it's the 54th pick AND we still have the 44th pick. Its not like it was a first rounder or even like we didn't have another pick. just chill out and enjoy the night.

Big difference between a lottery pick and a late 2nd round pick.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Chief holmes:

Big difference between a lottery pick and a late 2nd round pick.

You're right!

From 11th to 54th there is a big difference.