Sign in to follow this  
ShefGator2

ESPN: Magic are big winners in Howard Trade

man, I respect everyone's opinion here and acknowledge that y'all know mucho more than I do about basketball ... but after reading the following, I don't know how anyone would conclude that the Magic were not the winners (maybe not talent wise, but definitely morale wise) in the Coward's trade:

"Bryant acknowledged he could be "hard to play with," according to the Times, and challenged Howard to speak up if he had a problem with it.

Howard was "despondent" and did not offer much of a reply to Bryant, according to a team source."

"One example of the rocky relationship between the two Western Conference All-Star starters, according to a league source, was a game this season when Howard harped to a teammate about the disparity between his and Bryant's shots while sitting on the bench. The teammate called Bryant over so Howard could tell it to Bryant's face, but Howard refused to speak up."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8875019/los-angeles-lakers-hold-team-meeting-air-grievances

and now this:

Dwight Howard aggravates shoulder

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8875031/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-aggravates-shoulder-memphis-grizzlies

kinda makes me feel sorry for the guy ... naaaahhh

Did he aggravate it or is this simply his out for posting 2pts and 2rbs in 14 minutes after telling the media he was gonna "bring it" tonight? Hmmmm? What a tool that guy is!!!

Did he aggravate it or is this simply his out for posting 2pts and 2rbs in 14 minutes after telling the media he was gonna "bring it" tonight? Hmmmm? What a tool that guy is!!!

one cannot avoid wondering about that ... and then, the Fakers lost again ...

"One example of the rocky relationship between the two Western Conference All-Star starters, according to a league source, was a game this season when Howard harped to a teammate about the disparity between his and Bryant's shots while sitting on the bench. The teammate called Bryant over so Howard could tell it to Bryant's face, but Howard refused to speak up."

I felt awkward just reading that.

I think Dwight's body is breaking down. 6'11, 270 pound dudes aren't supposed to have the athleticism and force he's had in his career. His body might just be pulling an Amar'e; which makes me glad we got a player like Nik and a defender like Harkless for him. I'm not sure what a team doctor in LA would say at the same time this off season.

some of you guys are making me sick.

Dwight was constantly hacked, pushed, pulled, grabbed, and abused in every manner when he was here, and we always defended him. I think he even said as much one time, claiming he would be so sore after games from all the punishment he would get.

But now he's wearing another teams' colors and it's suddenly the other way around? Coming off back surgery, already hurt his shoulder earlier in the season, and now this?

I'm not a fan of the guy by any means, but this is going too far.

some of you guys are making me sick.

Dwight was constantly hacked, pushed, pulled, grabbed, and abused in every manner when he was here, and we always defended him. I think he even said as much one time, claiming he would be so sore after games from all the punishment he would get.

But now he's wearing another teams' colors and it's suddenly the other way around? Coming off back surgery, already hurt his shoulder earlier in the season, and now this?

I'm not a fan of the guy by any means, but this is going too far.

I believe Dwight made $25,758,000 last year. I think I'm going to save my sympathy for someone else.

But now he's wearing another teams' colors and it's suddenly the other way around?

You just answered your own question. He's wearing another teams colors, who gives a poop. Like the poster above me said, he made $25 million last year.