Sign in to follow this  
Waxon Camron

Is stan gonna be the man?

With all the real potential of this team can Stan get it done. He has a big plate ahead of him with so many of our guys with something to prove. Can he allow everybody to gel and put a honest to god good system in place. We could go on and on about each player on our team, what they need to prove and how reddick this or darko that dwight over here. it comes down to the team aspect and SVG plan on being the big man. It is Not about making it all about him and his methods but really making this work. Alot is going on these days with the team and he has some acheviements to accomplish. The team does have the Real potential of becoming a force in the east next year and down the road. I have good faith in SVG. he does really need to step up to the plate and we all know he likes the plate especially when its full of pasta.

With all the real potential of this team can Stan get it done. He has a big plate ahead of him with so many of our guys with something to prove. Can he allow everybody to gel and put a honest to god good system in place. We could go on and on about each player on our team, what they need to prove and how reddick this or darko that dwight over here. it comes down to the team aspect and SVG plan on being the big man. It is Not about making it all about him and his methods but really making this work. Alot is going on these days with the team and he has some acheviements to accomplish. The team does have the Real potential of becoming a force in the east next year and down the road. I have good faith in SVG. he does really need to step up to the plate and we all know he likes the plate especially when its full of pasta.

I like stan. he comes from a coaching family and from a hall a fame coach as a teacher. He was number one on my coaching list. He did great with a team that no one wanted and took them far in the playoffs. He showed me he can develope talent like he did with wade. He showed me. He can adjust team styles to fit team talent. Going up and down with odom and slowing it down with shaq. He is a very good coach.

I never felt more pleased than I did with Donovan. A guy who had the ability to grow with this franchise. I was really intrigued by that hire.

In regard to what that has to do with Stan Van Gundy, he's about as good as what we could have got in the end. A proven winner at the elite level of play.

This team has some great pieces and we have to add to them. To what extent will be determined by those in charge, but I look forward to it and our future with Gandhi at the helm.

Theres a good possibility that this team starts out slow out of the gates. We are making a drastic change in how we approach the game and we are doing it with young players. Stan's already stated straight up that Dwight is getting a big man coach so our franchise player will be learning to put new things into his game (sorry but I'm just sick of seeing Dwight dunk). Add to that the signing of some new player by free agency and you have a lot of changes with the possibility of the chemistry taking a while to blend in a new system.

We finally have a coach that can develop talent but players take time to develop as well. I can see a scenario much like Stan's first year as a head coach. A very slow start, people calling for his head and then it all coming together by the end of the year and going into the playoffs.

Thing is that year Stan never had any time to prep players . He was handed the reins without a training camp or pre-season. Its going to be interesting to see him with young players and that time. Might still come out the gates with a charge but I am prepared for the latter scenario.

I think playoffs next year will be a real thrill. No sweeps either.

Not too long ago those, including the Slantenel reporters, were defending BHill saying the team lacked quality players except for Dwight and that BHill actually overachieved by getting them to the playoffs.

Now the forum is talking about SVG, not only being in the playoffs but beating Detroit, Cleveland and any other Eastern conference team. I say.....well.... THAT's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!

The BHill supporters will likely attribute the Magic success to any new players we acquire but we will know better and just smile with an occasional I told you so. Of course Knappy will still be wearing his [FIRE BRIAN HILL] shirt.

Is Stan gonna be the man? STAN IS THE MAN!!