Sign in to follow this  
baller4life

Otis considered one of the "Struggling GM's" of the NBA

I still think JJ was the right pick. It's hard to be successful in the NBA when you don't play...

And why would we take Marcus Williams when we have 327462647242 small guards on this team, including three point guards.

yeah you can't fault him for choosing redick, when he really would be a big lift if he got the consistant chance to play.

i kind of agree with it though, he knows darko's potential is through the roof. he should of done a deal last summer, so this summer would be easier on everyone.

I would take Marcus because out of our 327462647242 small guards, and our 3 point guards, he'd be the only true point guard of the bunch... I'm not faulting him for J.J. at all, I just wish we could see more of what J.J. can do, but with our coach at the helm, that is impossible

quote:
Originally posted by Fear Jameer!!:

I would take Marcus because out of our 327462647242 small guards, and our 3 point guards, he'd be the only true point guard of the bunch... I'm not faulting him for J.J. at all, I just wish we could see more of what J.J. can do, but with our coach at the helm, that is impossible

Correction: SECOND true point guard of the bunch. Mustn't forget Mr. Diener.

I agree. Otis has not been taking advantage of his job. If he can see that the team is struggling and is out of the playoffs again, then why won't he change anything? Does he approve mediocrity? And he wants Hill to stay?! I hope that's just a comment and not the truth, otherwise this man has lost it.

I don't see any fault on choosing JJ at all. I think it was his fault on signing Keith however, rather than spending it to a servicable big man. to add our depth on that 3 player deep rotation. Also, who would have known that these players would turn out as they are supposed to:

quote:
Rajon Rondo, Marcus Williams, Sergio Rodriguez, Hilton Armstrong, Ronnie Brewer, Thabo Sefolosha, Jordan Farmar.

The NBA is totally different from the NCAA. Also, we wanted Thabo as Smith pointed out a while back, but it was because of them (the media), that prevented us from picking another international player after what happened a year before that.

Fran wasn't Otis' mistake. Dave was the one behind that.

quote:
Otis took a chance acquiring Darko Milicic from Detroit, and did not sign him to an extension this past offseason. So as they head into this offseason, Darko will have a cap figure attached to his name until the Magic resign him, or renounce their bird rights. Not signing him to an extension could lead to a very messy summer for Orlando.
I'm surprised, with VC wanting to be part of this team, VC can ust hold off on any offer and wait for Darko to re-sign. Other than VC, who else is there for us to sign? Rashard, being an SF, would mean dealing Hedo or Ariza. By doing so, we add talent in the SF postion, but lose more on the SG. But with VC, we get more talent on SG and stay the same at SF.

One thing I've learned about the media is that whatever you did in a situation, you will never ever get to control what story they will print. If that means a whole new story from them, thats it.

One of the reasons JJ is struggling is because, given that he is a rookie, he has been denied on the ball like a Michael Jordan.

I sent this to the author:

Are you a for real journalist? JJ won't make it in the NBA because he is white? Basically that is what you are saying during your description of his flaws. Are you a racist? Have you seen this young man play this year when he has gotten minutes? He has been superb in his shooting, assists, and most importantly in his basketball IQ. Your right, a coach like coach K is a lousy judge of talent and I am sure he would put the USA team in jeopardy just to have JJ on the USA world team. It is time that anyone who writes where the public can read his/her crappy articles takes responsibility for their assessments. No doubt, you are not worthy of my time but it is getting ridiculous when anyone with a few courses in journalism thinks they are an expert on any subjects. Chances are you never played BB and your experience is plagiarizing other articles why sitting behind a computer on the 20th floor of some big city. You are an idiot and should be fired for your incompetency.