Sign in to follow this  
Optimist Prime

NCAA 2014

No thread yet?

Jameis Winston put on a show, Clemson beat Geogia, Alabama destroyed VaTech, and seven FCS teams pulled the upset on FBS teams.

It's too bad the ACC couldn't get Louisville instead of Syracuse. It would have helped out a lot.

Anyways, here's to a new college football season.

Unless Muschamp can get the Gators offense crap together, FSU is gonna roll Florida this year. This Jameis kid is legit. He is the second best QB in Florida. Number one belongs to this sexy man: 039.jpg

Unless Muschamp can get the Gators offense crap together, FSU is gonna roll Florida this year. This Jameis kid is legit. He is the second best QB in Florida. Number one belongs to this sexy man: 039.jpg

I never understood the driskel hype coming out of high school. It has nothing to do with him being a gator. He could have gone to any college and I would have felt the same.

He was rated as the #1 qb prospect despite playing on a bad team in a conference with very limited talent. He made some plays, ran well, and played like a qb who could eventually develop into a solid college qb. But that's not 5-star, #1 qb in the nation type of resume.

5-star qbs are the mythical figures who are in the running for the top player of the state, lead their teams to state championships, and put up gaudy stats.

That's not to say he's doomed for failure. Plenty of 3-star quarterbacks develop into great qbs. I've just always been confused as to what someone saw to make him a top qb.

"You know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You might have removed all your emotions, but I reckon right down deep in your DNA there's one little spark left. And that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me?"

• Upvote 1