Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

It makes sense for the Suns but not the clippers. If we can trade Turk and Diener and get Maggette then by all means do it. I just don't think Elgin Baylor is stupid enough to do that.

Otis has said several times he has no interest in Maggette. Tends to be a black hole with the ball and his shooting range is very limited.

BH Nole,

I really like your proposed 3-way deal with Memphis and New Jersey. I do not think Memphis would want more because their owner has already come out and said they want to clear salary. Also New Jersey is kind of against a wall like you said. They are getting older and going nowhere and trading Carter at least Nets them something now because there is a great chance he is going to opt out.

Also has Jason Richardson been discussed at all. He has been hurt but is a good shooter and great in the half-court game. Golden State has a plethora of guards and forwards who can score so I wonder what they would want. My guess would be Darko so I do not know.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan23:

Ii would not trade for Ray

Allen. I would shop Jameer, Carlos, Pat, Keyon, and Brian Hill

Jameer is not going anywhere, the team has pushed him and Dwight as their foundation to give up on him so easily. Carlos and Keyon have some value but we won't get much in return. Otis would probably just want an expiring contract for them anyway to give him more cap room this summer.

The team could not pay someone to give Pat a roster spot.

We need to find a nice island for Brian (Napoleon) Hill and rename it Elba II.

Brianapolean.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Chad Ford is having an ESPN Insider chat right now. Let's shoot him with trade questions.

I shot one at him and David Thorpe for the 2PM chat. Hopefully they won't ignore Magic questions like usual.

Ricky (Jacksonville, Fl): Chad, do you see the magic making any changes after their terrible performances over the past month? who ya got? Bosh vs D12

Chad Ford: (12:36 PM ET ) I think Orlando was planning on standing pat, but they might need to rethink that. A LOT of interest in Grant Hill's expiring contract and Darko Milicic (who becomes a restricted free agent his summer). The problem for the Magic is they're unsure if they want to use all of their cap room next year on Darko. On the flip side, he's starting to string together a series of nice games and the thought of him and Dwight Howard growing old together in the front court is appealing. But their backcourt has been awful. We'll be talking to Otis Smith on the podcast today ... so I'll ask him.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Ricky (Jacksonville, Fl): Chad, do you see the magic making any changes after their terrible performances over the past month? who ya got? Bosh vs D12

Chad Ford: (12:36 PM ET ) I think Orlando was planning on standing pat, but they might need to rethink that. A LOT of interest in Grant Hill's expiring contract and Darko Milicic (who becomes a restricted free agent his summer). The problem for the Magic is they're unsure if they want to use all of their cap room next year on Darko. On the flip side, he's starting to string together a series of nice games and the thought of him and Dwight Howard growing old together in the front court is appealing. But their backcourt has been awful. We'll be talking to Otis Smith on the podcast today ... so I'll ask him.

A LOT of interest in Grant's contract and Darko! Yes! There is hope!

I wouldn't trade Darko because if he keeps playing like he has been, he's going to be great with D12. However, I would trade GHill for a GOOD point guard who knows how to pass and get some freakin' assists! Maye if we threw in Dooling and Garrity we could get a couple of quality players and start winning some games again!