Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

quote:
Originally posted by josejulian:

Ray is the best shooter of the league by far and would help Howards game inside.

The Sonics are having Arena issues similar to the Magic. This would not be the time to trade their most marketable asset and best player. Allen stays a Sonic, at least for now, whether he likes it or not.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr334:

^^ you saw my trade idea. Pavlovic I like and would do it but he brings similar game to Hedo. Pollard would be a nice fit though!

My bad nbr, I didn't read your post but i went back and read it. Thanks for the clip on Pavlovic; I like him a lot. We can put him at the 3, behind Ariza...then MAYBE, trade Turk in a package to obtain Ray Ray. I love Turk, but if we can easily replace him...then I'd entertain the thought of trading him in a package to get a better 2 guard. Pollard is a stud that does all the little things...I watched him a lot when he was in Sacramento (along side Turk).

There was some talk of trading Arroyo in another thread and it got me thinking about what we could get for him. Since I doubt Arroyo has enough trade value to get us the scorer that we need, I thought about whether he could help us get a banger.

Now that Atlanta has a nice collection of young bigs, they may be willing to move one of them. Meanwhile, the Hawks point guard Speedy Claxton, continues to battle injuries, to the point that the Atlanta Journal-Constitution recently reported that Coach Mike Woodson is moving on without him. That leaves the Hawks with, um, Tyronn Lue.

So, the trade I would love to see is this:

Magic get: Zaza Pachulia

Hawks get: Carlos Arroyo and James Augustine

The salaries match and it would certainly give the Hawks a starting point guard better than anything they have on their roster.

Initially, it might seem like duplication on our part: Howard, Darko, Battie, and ZaZa. In fact, this perceived duplication and the playing time concerns it would cause is why it probably won't happen. But we would have gotten great value for Arroyo. And Zaza would bring more on-court production than Battie.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat LOD, but I think the Hawks are going to want more for Zaza. Maybe throw in the rights to Fran.

With relevance to another guy of interest (ZAZA) and myself succumbing to boredom as I watch Federer lay the smack down I mustered up this. Whether you saw it or not:

Orlando -

Incoming: ZaZa Pachulia

Atlanta Hawks -

Incoming: Sasha Pavlovic/Carlos Arroyo or Dooling

Cleveland:

Incoming: Travis Diener/Fran rights

Cleveland would like a little more and when I tried a couple of things it could be tweaked. Instead of sending Fran there way, Atlanta could throw a Salim Stoud into the mix.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr334:

With relevance to another guy of interest (ZAZA) and myself succumbing to boredom as I watch Federer lay the smack down I mustered up this. Whether you saw it or not:

Orlando -

Incoming: ZaZa Pachulia

Atlanta Hawks -

Incoming: Sasha Pavlovic/Carlos Arroyo or Dooling

Cleveland

Incoming: Travis Diener/Fran rights

Cleveland would like a little more and when I tried a couple of things it could be tweaked.

NBR...there was nothing on that link???

Whoops...nevermind!