Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

I'll kick this one off. This was on 740 the team yesterday-

Would you trade Grant and JJ for Ray Allen? The numbers match salary wise.

I'm not sure how I feel, I don't know what the heck we have with JJ. On the other hand Ray is 32 and is a great shooter and a pretty good passer but weak on D. I was worrying about the age but how long did Reggie Miller play? I think he was 38 so if you figure we could have Ray for around 6yrs that is a large window for a shot at a title.

forget it. jj is better whether you like it or not. he could play 1o plus years and give this team some basketball sense on the floor which we need now.jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

forget it. jj is better whether you like it or not. he could play 1o plus years and give this team some basketball sense on the floor which we need now.jacklj

JJ is better whether I like it or not? Why are you turning this into something it's not? Just because a guy comes up in trade discussions doesn't mean that people think he sucks, it means he has value.

I would trade my left arm to another team if I thought it would get us a title.

Although his age concerns me, I would pull the trigger on the Ray Allen one as well. As long as Seattle does not want one of our young players as well. Dooling or Bogans would be fine as throw ins for me.

Here is one.

Arroyo and Augie for Pietrus and Zarko of Golden State.

Golden State gets a back up PG who is more suited to there up tempo free wheeling offense. Especially if they are shopping Davis for a big like some rumors out there.

We get the sharpshooting wing defender we need. Augie and Zarko are throw-ins to help balance the Salary diff.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

How in the hell could you possibly know that JJ would be better? Ray Allen is one of the top 10 shooting guards in the league and JJ has barely played.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I'll kick this one off. This was on 740 the team yesterday-

Would you trade Grant and JJ for Ray Allen? The numbers match salary wise.

I'm not sure how I feel, I don't know what the heck we have with JJ. On the other hand Ray is 32 and is a great shooter and a pretty good passer but weak on D. I was worrying about the age but how long did Reggie Miller play? I think he was 38 so if you figure we could have Ray for around 6yrs that is a large window for a shot at a title.

Absolutely Marc, I would do it in a hearbeat with no questions asked. To answer your question about Richardson in the other thread...as long as the Magic doctors examine his knee and its fine I would make that trade as well.

I would not include JJ in the trade, until we see how well he plays for us, when given a chance. It could come back to bite us, like giving up on players so early in the past(Maggette, Varejo, Zaza).

I would swap straight up or include future draft picks and Fran V..

Just a quick question:

If we trade Grant Hill to a team that just wanted the expiring contract, and they cut him immediately, could we then re-sign him to minimum or would we not be allowed???