CTMagicUK

Magic @ Wizards 12/28 7pm EST

And you still did not address the valid point Emory made (same point I made a little while back). It may be "simple" but you don't seem to grasp what he and I are saying. You're just repeating the points you already made. Points Emory already countered.

What that getting a high draft usually means your going to get a guy who will most likely outperform his peers?..... why would I argue that.

Now I will argue that tanking for high draft picks in a lottery ball system is a DUMB --- idea all day. Which was where I was going.

Wow.

What that getting a high draft usually means your going to get a guy who will most likely outperform his peers?..... why would I argue that.

Now I will argue all day that tanking for high draft picks in a lottery ball system is a DUMB --- idea all day. Which was where I was going.

Wow.

Neither of us said we wanted the team to tank or to throw games. The other guy did earlier, but I don't care what he said. Emory and I called you out for your astute observation that "not all draft picks come through and work".

Earlier I qualified part of your argument and said rebuilding through the draft lottery has its cons, but so does picking in the mid to late teens every year.

Neither of us said we wanted the team to tank or to throw games. The other guy did earlier, but I don't care what he said. Emory and I called you out for your

astute observation that "not all draft picks come through and work".

Earlier I qualified part of your argument and said rebuilding through the draft lottery has its cons, but so does picking in the mid to late teens every year.

You Win......smh.

Neither of us said we wanted the team to tank or to throw games. The other guy did earlier, but I don't care what he said. Emory and I called you out for your

astute observation that "not all draft picks come through and work".

I don't mean to ad to this in an argumentative way. However, I should clarify- I wasn't suggesting we should throw games. My original post was in response to those who appeared surprised that we are losing games. I do think it would be best to get earlier picks, but I certainly don't root against our team.

I don't mean to ad to this in an argumentative way. However, I should clarify- I wasn't suggesting we should throw games. My original post was in response to those who appeared surprised that we are losing games. I do think it would be best to get earlier picks, but I certainly don't root against our team.

It's all good. I misspoke, not a big deal.

I understood what you were saying man. There's only one person in this thread that seems to be focusing on deliberately losing games.

Im with ya on that, we are going to be what are record ends up being. And its because we need some more talent.

I would like to thank my esteemed colleague o-dub for attempting to keep the focus on ref hot pants.

She's an 8.5 on a day that I'm being generous. Very generous.

#1. REALLY ?????? who died and made you Romney.

#2. Im sure Portland felt the same way when they drafted Oden. Because you draft a high pick, anything can happen... but to sit and focus on losing just to get a high draft pick is not an ideal strategy which some of you seem to be going for.

Let's tank this season for a high pick... and then what happens when it doenst work out.... do you tank again, and then tank again, and then tank some more? Which is what I was gathering from someone elses post.... NOT NAMED EMORRY.

Further more your counter point is as simple as you and some what embarrassing. I guess my thoughts on the idea of tanking for draft picks was way to deep for you to understand... I know its not common with Marines.

Thanks for playing, have a nice day.

I did say please. I'm just trying to help you out. You can post however you like; just don't be surprised when no one takes your posts seriously. Posting in several different colors and font sizes directly conflicts with the condescending style of posting that you are attempting to pull off.

The real irony in this whole argument is that OSteve made it abundantly clear on page 4 that he wasn't suggesting the Magic should start tanking games. You misunderstood the point he was trying to make and twisted it into an entirely different argument. Which is interesting considering that is precisely the thing that you're accusing Nittany and I of doing.

Let's approach this from a different angle. What would you say the ceiling for this team is as it is currently structured? 40 wins max? More than likely an 8th seed or a team that just barely misses the playoffs.....and that's assuming that the team avoids injuries. The current Magic core players are currently at their peak playing ability. Jameer's play is likely going to be greatly diminished in a couple of seasons and JJ, Affflalo, and Davis won't be far behind them. When those player's games start to diminish, the Magic's record will reflect it. Meanwhile, it's pretty unlikely that a team that wins 40 games will be in any position to draft the type of player that could turn the Magic into a contender......a point that I don't think you would even dispute. This team is inevitably going to get worse before it gets better. The only question is will we be watching the Magic play .500 ball for a couple of seasons before the inevitable drop-off begins. If you want to see the team hang around .500 for a few seasons, that is completely fine. Feel free to rant and rave in every game thread about "quitting" and "losing cultures". Just don't expect everyone to share that viewpoint. I love the Magic and I enjoy watching them win. I'm not going to get upset when they lose though because I understand that is part of the cost of getting better.

I'm not a Marine.

• Upvote 1

I wish everyone who's complaining about the way we've been playing would calm down. We're a very young team with a first year coach so we as fans should expect these growing pains. We haven't even had a healthy roster all season to gel so we all need to be patient. Once they all get healthy and Vaughn gets a steady rotation going we will be fine. I truly believe that by late Jan to early Feb we will be a very competitive team.