Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Wizards @ Magic 7PM EST 12/19

Well it wasnt a solid game from any of the teams.... It was definitely a grinder for sure from start to finish. Ofcourse the downer of the game was Glen Davis going down on a shot attempt.

If I had to guess, I would say that relooking at the video a couple of times..... its a torn rotator cuff. Im no "Doogie Howser" but I have seen that same play several times before, shooter is bring his up in a shooting motion, the defender "tomahawks" the crap out of him swinging down to prevent the finishing of the motion, player falls down grimsing in pain, torn rotator cuff out atleats 3 to 4 weeks depending on the severity.

Where did the Magic win at:

-The Boards, Magic out rebounded the Wizards by 10 (48 to 38) with Orlando grabbing 10 Offensive to the Wizards 5.

-Free Throws, Magic had more attempts than the Wizards at the line finishing the night with 17 attempts completing 82%, compared to the Wizards 8 attempts.

-Steals (and deflections leading to a steal), The Magic were very active in keeping the hands up and out waiting for any potential deflections. Tonight those active hands produced 11 steals verses the Wizards 5.

-Turn Overs, The Magic kept theirs lower than the Wizards but not by much. Orlando had 13 TO's and the Wizards had 15 TO's.

-Shot Attempts, goes hand in hand with the boards, steals and turnovers. The hard work on those areas gave the Magic 81 shot attempts, where the Wizards only had 77.

-Fast Break Points, both teams didnt convert as much as they would like to, but the Magic were able t covert more than the Wizards with 7pts vs. 3pts.

-Points in the Paint, was really close on both sides. I was expecting more post ups by the Wizards but didnt happen. Not that Orlando blew this stat out of the water, because the Magic's 34pts was only 2 up from the Wizards 32pts.

Other Points:

Im happy that we played the Wizards, not that they are not a good team because they are missing a special someone. But for the fact that we can really get a birds eye view on what a rebuilding franchise really looks like. Their team is full of youngs guys with few veterans that can really show them the way.... Nene is really the only guy on the squad that has a voice listening too.

I look at the Wizards and then I look at our team, and its very apparent that we are not the same. We dont live on the same street, we dont go to the same deli shop, we dont play at the same playground. And really our win/loss record speaks for itself along with what we have been able to accomplish. The point is, people looking for the #1 pick in the draft, should probably give that thought up since the Wizards are way ahead of us in that department.

I would say that the main difference between the Magic and Wizards, is that we have better Vets with good leadership and the tough game experiences that come from playing with good teams. And so far the rookies are doing a great job of taking it in and not going out side themselves, trying to do to much from a contribution standpoint.

With the looks of Glen missing some time.... depending on the exact state of the his injury... it look like that Andrew will get a shot on breaking into the starting rotation and getting some work in. It should be interesting to see what he will do with the extra minutes.

My Uncle let me and a friend use his season ticket seats tonight (Lower Bowl Row 3!!!) The game wasnt nearly as good we've been playing recently, but I definitely had a lot of fun moments. My 2 brothers who were sitting in the Upper Bowl got to participate in a contest to pump up their section and won 2 free plane tickets to anywhere in the U.S. while my friend and I were on the big screen a couple of times and were even on TV right when JJ was *not* flagrantly fouled. Glen Davis' injury looked serious- we could hear him scream out when he went down, it was a little unsettling. Overall, we got the win and I had a great time. Being away at college I dont get to go to games nearly as often, so to have an experience like tonight was something special

With the looks of Glen missing some time.... depending on the exact state of the his injury... it look like that Andrew will get a shot on breaking into the starting rotation and getting some work in. It should be interesting to see what he will do with the extra minutes.

New Rookie of the Year coming up....

But, really, does anybody know when Harrington comes back?

I do think the 4 spot will be alright with Nicholson and McBob while Davis is out. And if Harrington is back soon, he can cover as well. Hopefully he's only out a few weeks. I just wonder who will pick up the slack and take all those 18-20 footers now.