Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

Why would okc essentially trade James Harden for Afflalo and trash?

Because Miami showed OKC they can't compete with them as constructed. Afflalo gives them a viable 3rd option on offense and would be better than anyone they could get with the Toronto pick, which is currently 8th based on Toronto's record. NBAdraft.net has Cauley-Stein at that pick. I don't see him contributing much next year. I expect Toronto to improve with Gay on board, so the pick will probably be lower. Mason Plumlee?

Perkins is worthless when Miami plays Bosh at center, and McBob and Ayon would provide better matchups.

I want Chandler Parsons

They aint trading him. That dude has so much value, given his productivity and low salary (tied down for another 2 or 3 years I think).

I reckon they're hoping to max out Josh Smith in Free agency and line up: Lin/Harden/Parsons/Smith/Asik with Patterson and a few free agent additions from the bench.

Interesting take on Jennings:

2. Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks (restricted): 32.5 WARP

Multiyear WARP projections tend to be favorable to young point guards, who have historically continued developing later than peers at other positions. That's good news for Jennings, who will hit the market at the tender age of 23. Jennings' advanced numbers aren't dissimilar from those of first-time All-Star Jrue Holiday of the Philadelphia 76ers, and his best strength -- avoiding turnovers -- tends to be overlooked in the discussion of his poor shooting percentages. The question is whether Jennings can land a max offer from another team. The Dallas Mavericks are his best bet, with the Orlando Magic and Utah Jazz as the best of the long shots.

http://insider.espn....ree-agent-class

EDIT: According to this ESPN article, given Jennings age and expected production, he's the third highest rated NBA FA this coming summer