Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

Wheels are starting to turn...

Its for Fab Melo I reckon.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Celtics, Wizards discussing Fab Melo for Jordan Crawford, league sources tell Y! Sports.

EDIT: Damn got beaten to it.

This is not necessarily true, please stop saying this as if its fact.

It may not always be the case, but it's a general rule of thumb (not to mention common sense) that trading while you have leverage will general yield better results than hoping to possibly execute a S&T when you have little to no leverage. We've already been over this.

It may not always be the case, but it's a general rule of thumb (not to mention common sense) that trading while you have leverage will general yield better results than hoping to possibly execute a S&T when you have little to no leverage. We've already been over this.

And lets not forget Anderson was a RFA and we only got Ayon. JJ is unrestricted.

the Grizzlies get the 59th overall pick as it stands for taking Dexter Pittman's contract... unless they actually like Pittman I don't see the point.

David Aldridge‏@daldridgetnt

Wizards/Celts deal sending Jordan Crawford to Boston will not be for C Fab Melo, per source. Teams still working.

His greatest trade value is now....that being said if teams are low balling us with crappy offers that do little to improve the team. Then we should wait to see if we can get anything of value this summer.

Better to let him walk for nothing than take back a marginal pick/player that eats up cap space in 2014.

And lets not forget Anderson was a RFA and we only got Ayon. JJ is unrestricted.

It would have been different if we wanted to keep Ryan. Rob had no intention of paying him that kind of money since we were going to be rebuilding. He probably told Ryan to go find a team he is interesting in going to and we will agree to get an asset out from them. New Orleans wasn't going to give up a ton when they knew they could sign him to a decent size deal and they knew we wouldn't match the deal. I'm not a fan of Ayon, but Ryan could have just signed the Hornets offer sheet and we wouldn't have matched, and lost Ryan for nothing.

I want to smack each of you people wanting to keep JJ here to rot on a non playoff team while hitting 30 and making more money than we should be spending on him and a player of his caliber in our rebuild.

Seriously, that's how frustrated you guys are making me.

You know, you're right. Trade JJ for draft picks. ***** it, trade Jameer and Afflalo. Let's just continue to pay hundreds of dollars for tickets each game to support a bunch of college rookies and watch them try to score 60 points a game. You're definitely right, worsen the team.