Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I know Williams was getting a lot of DNP's in Minn (of all places) but what is it that everyone dislikes so much about him? I mean that seriously. I thought he was an animal coming out of college, but I really haven't seen him play much in the league. Does he play D at all? Can he play the 3?

I know Williams was getting a lot of DNP's in Minn (of all places) but what is it that everyone dislikes so much about him? I mean that seriously. I thought he was an animal coming out of college, but I really haven't seen him play much in the league. Does he play D at all? Can he play the 3?

He hasn't improved since college and he doesn't play any one position very well.

I don't get the love affair with Nicholson. He's slow, can't jump, and doesn't exactly have a frame that you can turn into a bruiser. Sure he might be a decent player but I'd have no qualms in trading him for an athletic shooting guard.

I don't get the love affair with Nicholson. He's slow, can't jump, and doesn't exactly have a frame that you can turn into a bruiser. Sure he might be a decent player but I'd have no qualms in trading him for an athletic shooting guard.

i think you're going to like him more next season.

If that athletic SG is Tyreke, then no. I haven't heard any names yet that have excited me.

He turns the ball over 2.7 times per game, Jameer turns the ball over 2.5 times per game. I think he'd be much more productive if the Rockets actually let him set up an offense instead of giving him the ball with 15 seconds or less on the shotclock.

Can you please give it up with the Lin non sense? The guy isn't very good and there is a better chance of Jason Williams suiting up from his court side seats than Lin wearing a Magic uniform this year. Must be asian sticking up for that scrub so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

^^^Amen. Nicholson is spark off the bench for the rest of his career, and that's not an entirely bad thing. He can provide offense but like you said, doesn't move well enough on defense nor does he rebound the ball nearly well enough to ever be a good starting option. But from where we selected him in the draft getting a guy that can actually score the ball consistently isn't bad at all.

Can you please give it up with the Lin non sense? The guy isn't very good and there is a better chance of Jason Williams suiting up from his court side seats than Lin wearing a Magic uniform this year. Must be asian sticking up for that scrub so much.

I'm still saying he'd be great coming off the bench to change the dynamic of the offense, running pick and rolls while Redick can spot up from the outside if the defense decides to help off him. A bench role would allow him to control the offense whenever he needs to, occasionally differing to Redick who likes to run plays from the elbow of the perimeter. He's much more capable of running the point guard position than E'twan Moore, who could easily slide to shooting guard if he needs playing time.

The only thing wrong with my trade is that Houston wouldn't want Afflalo because of their depth at the wing.

And I AM Asian, which really doesn't factor into this at all. I'm just as skeptical as everyone else, but I watch (and compete in) a lot of basketball and can see through misconceptions and pure stats. A player's going to struggle in a new system and play-style if he isn't comfortable with it. There's a transitional period. Lin isn't the most consistent player in the world, but if you give him 20-25 guaranteed minutes off the bench to do work, I think he'd be great. Jackass.

• Upvote 2

^^^Amen. Nicholson is spark off the bench for the rest of his career, and that's not an entirely bad thing. He can provide offense but like you said, doesn't move well enough on defense nor does he rebound the ball nearly well enough to ever be a good starting option. But from where we selected him in the draft getting a guy that can actually score the ball consistently isn't bad at all.

He's a *****ing rookie

• Upvote 1