Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

Whatishetalkingabout_zps2356df60.png

Because any time you can trade a promising young talent and picks for a 33 year old headcase who's declining, you pull the trigger on that and don't look back, right??

Edit: I understand every team has fans that come up with unrealistic trades, but this is like someone here saying we should trade Turk and Harrington for Lebron...

Laugh all you want at the guy but he is probably David Stern and it will happen as long as the Lakers can also acquire Chris Paul and Blake Griffin as well. Never doubt a stupid one sided trade when the Lakers are involved. Most teams need a world class dunce like our previous gm to make out with a crazy one sided coup but not LA. It always seems to happen and it always smells fishy. I can only imagine the Lakers are closely watching our draft knowing we will develop that player for them in the future and pass them on to them for a pittance.

When suggestions surfaced over the weekend that the Lakers had engaged in trade talks, Kupchak delivered word directly to Howard that he should pay it no mind.

"They're too arrogant to move him now, even if Dwight asked for it," one rival GM said. "They're the Lakers, and they'll dare you to walk away in July. And if I was them, I would, too."

When asked about the possibility of the Lakers moving Howard at the deadline, Kobe Bryant was devastatingly indifferent. "I don't know what they're going to do," he said Sunday. "At this point, it doesn't matter."

Woj on how CP3 doesn't need D12

I include the link but it was just this little tidbit that's about Howard. It's plain to see that Kobe would have no problem with D12 leaving and never coming back though. Personally I don't think Howard has the guts to leave LA after his stance in the offseason.

Apparently the Lakers are 30 million over the luxury tax threshold... That's just ludicrous for a team not likely to make the playoffs.

Ehh only 3.5 games out of it. But Houston has been winning lately, and who knows how the T-Rob acquisition will factor in.

No I don't enjoy watching a team that gets helped by the refs so much!... First Blazers and now mavs, this is is extremely frustrating.

it's just sad... in crunch time Nowitzki gets hit on the hand by MWP gets no call and argues it because it should have been obvious. Gets a tech. Less than a minute later kobe bryant goes to the basket, oj mayo jumps straight up and doesn't even touch him, gets called for the foul and then the technical.

Dallas got robbed

Javale blocks Howard like it's no biggy, then (as does almost every decent center in the league these days...) outruns him to the other end. Fishy stuff.

Wish I would have watched the game tonight... Dwight went 3 for 14 from the line and Lakeshow lost by 11 to Denver. Anybody watch it... did they hack-a-Howard???

Dwight has just been really slow and he jumps as high as Kendrick Perkins now. I think his shoulder (or something else) is really bothering him

Denver looked like a team of 25 year olds playing one of 40 year olds

Kobe had an amazing game against the Mavs so he was tired in the second game of a back to back

Couple of thoughts:

-Howard is going to continue to crumble under the pressure of the big city and its media

-Howard's collapse is really amazing. I'd rather have Al Horford over him now.

Wish I would have watched the game tonight... Dwight went 3 for 14 from the line and Lakeshow lost by 11 to Denver. Anybody watch it... did they hack-a-Howard???

He was 3-8 at the half when I stopped watching and went to bed. 21%, man thats bad even for him.

Not sure they needed to hack him since the Lakers couldn't stop them from scoring.