Sign in to follow this  
thagr8wunn57

Would you welcome Dwight Howard back?

Uh, yeah I'd take him back. We'll be lucky to get a player of his level back on the Magic within the next decade. Ask Milwaukee, Charlotte, Sacramento, Toronto or Washington how it feels to be in the NBA underclass. It's the reason Houston was willing to trade for him with such a low probability of retaining him.

There's maybe 5 guys in this league that make you an automatic contender. Without one of them, or a big-market collection of stars, you're hopeless.

To be honest, I like the way our offense is ran without him. Our offense is way to predictable with him on the court.

And what's up with this sentiment? I keep hearing it. We're fans just bored of having a top-tier offense for all these years? I don't get it. The Magic are scrappy this year, but it's no fun watching an offense consistently struggle to crack 90.

Always a Magic fan, but this weird theory that we're better off without Dwight is insane.

And what's up with this sentiment? I keep hearing it. We're fans just bored of having a top-tier offense for all these years? I don't get it. The Magic are scrappy this year, but it's no fun watching an offense consistently struggle to crack 90.

Always a Magic fan, but this weird theory that we're better off without Dwight is insane.

You severely underrate the power of the narrative.

I think the operating word is "predictable".

We were becoming extremely predictable. As the disparity in the consecutive Atlanta playoff series showed, a lot of teams began figuring us out and shutting us down.

The entire franchise's dependence on Dwight was often our undoing. Given his limitations (free throws, average post play), we relied on him way too much, but we kept going to him anyway because he was our superstar.

LeBron James he is not, I think our future looks brighter for having moved on.

Who wines and complains about a coach yelling at you? I mean, a good coach does that and makes you accountable for your mistakes. Out of all the people in the world, a coach is supposed to push you and get the best out of you. Dwight leaves, and brings down SVG with him. I don't hate the guy, but wow he's so damn immature.

We should only take him back unless he commits to a team offense and not an offense run around him.

I think the operating word is "predictable".

We were becoming extremely predictable. As the disparity in the consecutive Atlanta playoff series showed, a lot of teams began figuring us out and shutting us down.

The entire franchise's dependence on Dwight was often our undoing. Given his limitations (free throws, average post play), we relied on him way too much, but we kept going to him anyway because he was our superstar.

LeBron James he is not, I think our future looks brighter for having moved on.

our offense didn't become predictable; our players did.

Even with all of Dwight's limitations, none of those things actually hindered us from going further. It was the sucky play of Hedo, J-Rich, and practically everyone else not named jameer.

edit: and in no way do I think dwight's post play is average.

I know we all miss Dwight's big A$$ down low but keep in mind that trading him was the only way to get out of the salary cap hell that Otis put us in. We had no room to grow and nowhere to grow. Nobody wanted any of our players, so trading Dwight at his request actually really helped the team for our future... plus we got rid of Duhon and JRich.

Looking again, no, Dwight Howard is just another form of a headcase that effects the locker room.