Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Official Glen Davis Thread

So far this season Glen "I think I am the best player in the NBA Big Baby" Davis has the following stats.

1. #1 in the NBA in usage rate

2. #1 in the NBA in FGA

3. He has scored 67 points on 69 FGA

4. He is averaging 4.3 OF HIS OWN SHOTS Blocked per game.

Glen is quickly approaching the Vince zone for me.

I think we are better at every position this year accept center. Davis has to be a leader but he forces it a little to much. Like why did he take the 3 when we was only down 4? Thats not his shot. This is a little off topic but Ayon looks terrible and I cant wait till O'Quinn and Nicholson are playing more and he stays on the bench.

Glen needs to take it down a few notches. Hopefully when Jameer returns, things will straighten themselves out a bit. I like that Davis is being aggressive, but he needs to be smart. Also, since last year, why does he always take the shot as the clock is expiring??? Is he our go to guy with the clock expiring??

I was watching the game with my brother and he said, "Ok, we're down 4. As long as we don't do anything stupid- " and not even a second later Glen shot the 3. :shard:

Maybe Davis just wants us to have that high draft pick, I dunno.

I was listening to the game on the radio and was so excited when we cut the lead down to four and had the fastbreak opportunity. I was thinking, "yeah, our shooters are gonna hit another 3 or get a quick bucket." Dennis Neumann, Richie Adubato, and myself all had the same reaction: c'mon Glen.

Tough team on the road and we almost took the W. Kept it competitive. I'm happy with that.

I wouldn't be upset if we traded him for pieces or a pick at the deadline and tried to sign Cousins at the end of the year.

Glen wants to be the go to guy, he wants to carry this team. Unfortunately, he is not nearly as talented as Lebron, Kobe or KD and yet he is putting the ball up more times than all of those guys. I couldn't even watch when he kept trying to work Noah in the post and time after time got embarrassed.

I honestly do not mind. I'm just taking anything positive this season as gravy, if BBD wants to be the man, let him try.

Then again, I couldn't watch the game last night because of work so I may not be getting the frustration.

He has terrible shot selection. We don't need to ever run post plays for him ever again. He's a good player, but he would stop hurting this team if took about 10 less shots per the game. You know,the fade aways over taller players where he just about falls over, the layups where he has absolutely no chance of finishing, etc.

He needs to be getting his points within the flow of the offense. Hitting that 15-18 foot jumper, cleaning up garbage, and finishing pick and rolls/cuts to the basket.

Glen is the best rebuilding piece we could possibly have. Good enough to provide leadership and give our guys that "winning culture" mentality, and bad enough to lose us winnable games.

Perfect, I tell you.

• Upvote 1

Glen is the best rebuilding piece we could possibly have. Good enough to provide leadership and give our guys that "winning culture" mentality, and bad enough to lose us winnable games.

Perfect, I tell you.

Eggshactly