Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Darko, "Serbia will demolish Euro teams" and "Gasol is soft"! (Truehoop blog, ESPN)

quote:
Originally posted by HighClassTrash:

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
btw this whole interview is made up.

i dont know who is this mf who wrote this crap .there is nothing about it in any of serbia's news papers or serbian fans forums.

some aholles just get a hard on talking crap about darko

You have to be right about this. These quotes sound made up, and I think clearly are. If you've heard Darko speak before, it just doesn't sound like something that would come out of his mouth.

Considering the title of the article is "Summer Slapstick"....I thought that was a dead giveaway.

I'm not trying to dispute what you guys are saying here because you could be right. I'm not familiar with the links.

Just thought I would make mention of the fact that in my opening post I provided two links. The first was the summer slapstick. The other looked to be a website for the FIBA championships. That website also posted the same article. If you click on that link you can see where it lists a lot of different countries that participate in the world championships.

I got this from the NBA section of ESPN. On the front page the have a section called TrueHoop blogs from around the nation.

Periodically I read there but most of the time I don't find anything Magic related.

Draw your own conclusions.

quote:
dude article is bs.some dik is just got bored and started making this garbage.

here is a link for vecernje novosti news paper.

last article on darko was way back in playoffs.www.novosti.co.yu

Thats cool, but as I stated, you take it for what its worth, if its true, disappointing.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

Is this before or after we sign him? I say wait until the tournament is done before signing any contracts with this crazy Serb .

you know i'm NOT darko lol

and i think this interview is made up

I don't think its made up

darko's is crazy when it comes to saying things and this was a hot topic here some 20 days ago or so, in many newspapers

I guess you ppp from across the pond pick up things like these a bit later icon_wink.gif

true true. Darko is really soft compared to Pau. But maybe is misused of a word, he might have meant weak coz of his injury?

ok this was posted on realgm a few weeks back. it's from a lithuanian site which interviewed darko, but mis translated some of his words. it seems that that part where he says 'destroy..etc..' he said 'we have a chance to beat every team.'

and after a long search.. i found it http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=663750

someone involved in the translation emphasised things a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by mire:

I don't think its made up

darko's is crazy when it comes to saying things and this was a hot topic here some 20 days ago or so, in many newspapers

I guess you ppp from across the pond pick up things like these a bit later icon_wink.gif

really? i haven't heard anything like this, at least i don't remember anymore...

where did you hear that?

quote:
Originally posted by athena:

ok this was posted on realgm a few weeks back. it's from a lithuanian site which interviewed darko, but mis translated some of his words. it seems that that part where he says 'destroy..etc..' he said 'we have a chance to beat every team.'

and after a long search.. i found it http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=663750

someone involved in the translation emphasised things a bit.

First off, thanks Athena for taking the time to find the article. I appreciate it.

Secondly, I clicked on the RealGm link and it still had the same quote that Darko called Gasol "soft".

On the RealGM link that Athena provided as I read further down on some of the posts it was told to the original poster on RealGm that he needed to post the links. He did and here they are:

http://www.delfi.lt/news/sport/eurobasket2003/article.php?id=13294226

or

http://www.basketnews.lt/news-9534-milicicius-mes-sunaikinsime-juos-visus.html

Can someone that speaks the language read it and give the correct translation if it's different from the original post?

our newspapers were full of this like 20 days ago

this is old news...

lets see how we play in the tournament

we have ellada, rossir and a qualifying nat. team in the first round if I remember correctly (IIRC)

btw our coach refers to us as the mosquitoes while its more appropriate to be called white eagles because white eagle is our national symbol... I guess mosquitoes sound better, they sting, they make u nervous icon_wink.gif

I just found this at AOL. It was posted this afternoon. It's a writer talking about Darko's comments towards Paul Gasol. I think it's rather humorous! Here it is for your entertainment:

quote:

Darko Milicic Denies Calling Pau Gasol 'Soft'

Posted Jul 18th 2007 2:50PM by Matt Watson

Filed under: Grizzlies, Western, NBA Gossip

Flash back to last month: in a translated interview with a Serbian newspaper about his home country's chances in the next European championships, Darko Milicic reportedly said the following:

"We'll destroy them all - Spaniards, Greeks, Lithuanians, Russians, Frenches, Italians... All of them! They're good, but we can demolish them all. Spain is not unbeatable. I like to play against Pau Gasol, he's soft. If we win Gold medal in Spain, I'll take my shirt off and then I will jump from Parliament terrasse. After that I dont need anything else in my life".

At the time, all was well and good -- he was still expected to re-sign with the Magic, and it got his female fans excited about seeing him shirtless. But now? After being officially introduced by the Grizzlies, he's Pau Gasol's teammate. (I like to think the picture above is the face Pau made when he heard the news.) Not surprisingly, Darko was asked about his "soft" comment at the press conference:

"I never said that Pau Gasol was soft. I never said it. They made it up. I mean, I've said a lot of things to newspapers that I shouldn't say before -- I know I did that -- but I didn't say this. I just talked to Pau 10 minutes ago and said, it's not true."

That was transcribed from video on the Memphis Commercial Appeal, which I found worth watching simply because it's rare we actually get to hear Darko speak. Is he telling the truth? It's impossible to tell. The quote came from a translated interview, so it's really no better than hearing something third-hand. Considering Gasol is also a foreign player and has likely dealt with foggy translations, I'm guessing he'll give Darko the benefit of the doubt.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/nba/