Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

PHX @ ORL Game Thread 11/4

I say lets wait and see what this team can do. I believe that having an all-star player on a team can be exciting but also overrated. Like Vaughn says neither he nor the other team knows who is getting the ball next. Instead of having an all-star player we have a team of well rounded players that can in my opinion step up when needed. I mean, why be like the caves (with James) or who we were with Dwight which never one them or us a championship.

They aren't the same at all and 8 seeds winning in the NHL is more common than in the NBA. Also, there's no team comparable to Miami in the NHL.

But it's cute to think Orlando can win a championship with this team.

Yeah its slightly cute. But it just depends on each teams passion. It would be kinda interesting for a NBA team, who is not one of the top 5, to win a championship and rewrite history.

Last season the 76ers, who were 8th, beat the Bulls ,who were #1, in the NBA in the playoffs. The notion is don't take teams who are not top 5 for granted.

Magic just need that passion and motivation that they want to be in the playoffs and win games. If they have that, there maybe hope, as long they don't get over confident.

LULz fellas. We are 2-0. The Magic are not going to rewrite history. No one is beating Lebron for the next 2 years at least. It sucks but it is what it is. Let the Magic build this thing the right way for the first time in well forever and enjoy it for what it is.

Yeah its slightly cute. But it just depends on each teams passion. It would be kinda interesting for a NBA team, who is not one of the top 5, to win a championship and rewrite history.

Last season the 76ers, who were 8th, beat the Bulls ,who were #1, in the NBA in the playoffs. The notion is don't take teams who are not top 5 for granted.

Magic just need that passion and motivation that they want to be in the playoffs and win games. If they have that, there maybe hope, as long they don't get over confident.

The Bulls also had the MVP tear his ACL so it was under an extreme circumstance. Not saying it's impossible, but expecting this team to beat Miami in a 7 game series is far from probable. Ink not one who believes in moral victories so I don't really want the team to make the playoffs unless they can seriously compete.

Some of you drinking the Kool-Aid 2 games in is hilarious though. Get back to me in a month.

LULz fellas. We are 2-0. The Magic are not going to rewrite history. No one is beating Lebron for the next 2 years at least. It sucks but it is what it is. Let the Magic build this thing the right way for the first time in well forever and enjoy it for what it is.

I love this board.

The Bulls also had the MVP tear his ACL so it was under an extreme circumstance. Not saying it's impossible, but expecting this team to beat Miami in a 7 game series is far from probable. Ink not one who believes in moral victories so I don't really want the team to make the playoffs unless they can seriously compete.

Some of you drinking the Kool-Aid 2 games in is hilarious though. Get back to me in a month.

I don't want them to win either, plus these first two games are a joke, because phx is going to suck this year and devner got McGee who is clueless. They just need better draft picks and go compete against legit teams like OKC, Spurs, Miami, Lakers, Celtics to see if they are in that level.

I won't jump to the conclusion until the team can prove they are playoff material. These 2 games are just warm-ups.

I want to thank coach Vaughn for this type of basketball. (I hope he keeps it up)

I also have to thank Hedo.

And Duhon.

Not completely related, I love the fact that LA fans were excited to get Duhon. He has been so important to that team that as a #3 PG gets 4 minutes the last 2 games, and that is when the #1 PG is injured.

He did get 3 assists last game in those 4 minutes, but I expect 2 of those were when he slipped and the ball accidentally rolled to Kobe. Funny that he got more assists than Dwight, who got zero in 32 minutes.

Not completely related, I love the fact that LA fans were excited to get Duhon. He has been so important to that team that as a #3 PG gets 4 minutes the last 2 games, and that is when the #1 PG is injured.

He did get 3 assists last game in those 4 minutes, but I expect 2 of those were when he slipped and the ball accidentally rolled to Kobe.

He actually pulled off a no-look bullet that had me :blink:

But indeed, their excitement after the signing (with them roasting Steve Blake) was a good laugh.

I watched the first half last night and Dwight never really handled the ball. All his points were on putbacks, alley-oops, and dunks after sealing Monroe under the basket. That's when he is at his best. Sadly he thought he was a number 1 option type player here (looking at his teammates he essentially was the number 1 guy here) . If he plays like that on the offensive end and let's the playmakers do their thing then they will have a great year.

The Magic play the disgruntled Bulls of last year next game. I'd say we won't win that but it won't matter. If we win....more power to the Magic.

I'll go out on a limb and say "WE WILL". I watched a bit of the NO game and I really wasn't impressed with CHI. Without Rose I wouldn't expect too much out of them this year. Still has a good D though.