Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

Game Thread

Firstly, what a statement game by the Magic.

We've just seen how underrated JJ Redick as a passer as numerous people are surprised by his performance as both and scorer and a distributor. It looks as though he's going to be a key bench player in the Magic. Could we go as far to say that he's in the running for 6th man of the year? Now that Harden has become a starter.

Sucks that Hedo Turkoglu fractured his hand though, that's going to suck. he was playing very well in the minutes he was on the floor. Driving to the rim at ease, passing well, being patient. Reminiscent of the Hedo we've seen back in 09 for sure.

So many great things you can take out of the game today.

E'Twaun Moore is the real deal, he's going to get huge minutes off the bench this season he's a huge scoring threat off the bench and he has the ability to guard the more athletic and bigger point guards in the league. The Magic's point guard play has lacked a lot of things the last few seasons but finally we've found a guy who can do a little bit of everything.

Jameer Nelson looked nice. Shooting well again not settling for jumpshots and he's passing great!

Andrew Nicholson looked decent in his first game, not much to watch though but in his time on the court he did everything write. A few bad fouls but that's a given with a lack of experience. McRoberts surprised me by actually playing in our undermanned front court, hustle players and that alley oop was cool.

Afflalo was probably more disappointing then surprising. But he's only been back on the court for a week or so playing at 100%. So I did expect him to come out slow. He's picking his shots though, nothing seemed to fall. I can also see why he's rated as one of the better defenders in the league.

Finally Glen Davis. The guys post moves come plentiful now he's looking like a beast both defensively and offensively. I'm not sure if he's gonna be the franchise cornerstone of the our team but he's definitely going to be a big man for the future plans. The guys just all energy and he makes the team play harder whenever he's on the court. I'm loving how he's also not settling for jumpshots now and he's banging the post. Seriously surprised me with that performance. Looks like he's gotten even better since the last series. Worked on his stamina, he can play much longer without looking lethargic. And the guys rebounding tremendously for an undersized big.

Magic are looking good coming into the season! ...

First, I want to thank NBA League Pass for the blackout of this game, even though I'm 6 hours away from Denver. So, I don't get to watch it.

Second, I am glad to know that Dwight's new team is 0-2 and his old team is 1-0. Definitely looks good for you right now. Of course, this could change very quickly, but I want to rub it in while I can.

I didn't say he proved himself, I said I was impressed with his play tonight. I'm not calling for him to start.

what I meant is that he got 81 more games to impress me. He just had a good night tonight and a nice alley-oop from Meer.

Fun game to watch. The team had really good energy and glad to see the young guys weathered that third quarter run. Isn't it nice not having to cringe every time you go to the foul line. Bench play was very good JJ, McBob and Etwan. Never like to see anyone get hurt but Hedo going down will really open up some opportunities for some interesting line ups. Coach em up JV.

What an awesome night of BASKETBALL.

This season is gonna be so fun because of just that...it is focused on BASKETBALL. No more off-the-court drama. No more pressure. No expectations. Our guys just get to play the game they love and we get to watch it without a care in the world. Last night showed that.

Here's to the next 81.

A more underrated part of this game was Jacque Vaughn out-coaching George Karl with a significantly less talented roster.

They have Javale McGee who's a big buffoon

But yes, I loved Jacque's rotation. He gave everyone a chance