barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

But we did play well enough to beat the team that beat that good team. That's gotta count for something, right?

Right. but he was trying to blame the lose on BBD when the entire team caused the lose. I mean you could equally say it was redicks fault for missing the last few shots.

I know I should of posted this a while back... but I was at the Charlotte game, which was fun and entertaining. I was able to score some suit level seats behind the Cats bench. I didnt have my normal Orlando gear on because.... well... I need to change the number and tire the ones i have with the Shaq stuff.

Back to watching the game with a real Charlotte fan and a friend of mine. We noticed that Charlotte for the life of them couldn't get a run going on defense, they were basically trading baskets all night long. This meant too that Orlando was scoring when the chance was there. The Magic missed some easy ones, but never turned it into trend... which was great news for Glen.

Glen Davis had a good game 7/11 on shooting, scoring 20pts, grabbing 4 boards during a 34min stretch. However my friend was looking at me crazy everytime I said "Oh no", when Glen would start his forward thrusters towards the basket.... then it turned into "Oh God No"... As he proceeded to lift off with two defenders rising to meet his 2inch vertical..... Swish.... Crowd goes silent.... I smile in amazement like, did that just really happen. Ofcourse the Charlotte fan did figure out why I was saying those things as Glen was working is Shrek Magic.

Nikola was very good that night... just hope he isnt superstitious (13/13)....would of been worst if it was his 13th double double....lol

We played well across the board and did some great things on defense. Charlotte missed some easy ones too though and has showed us what lies ahead in terms of future matchups. Kemba Walker is freaking nasty.... could of went anywhere.... Nelson did his best and was lucky that Kemba only wanted to setup the offense before taking it.

Harkless on Gilcrest was a fun matchup and really hit home on how long Moe is. And his awareness on defense is very good.

We have the trade period coming up, its going to be interesting to see what we end up like after its over. The first half of the season I have always said that it looks winnable. The second half of the season is where my concern is going to be kicking in. Its the hardest and we dont know who we will have, wearing the Magic Blue, to face it.

However my friend was looking at me crazy everytime I said "Oh no", when Glen would start his forward thrusters towards the basket.... then it turned into "Oh God No"... As he proceeded to lift off with two defenders rising to meet his 2inch vertical.

I have the same "oh no," and "oh God no," reaction whenever Glen checks back into the game.

Steve KylerVerified@stevekylerNBART @johngreenspan: What happens to Al Harrington? ---> Likely out for the year, maybe medical retirement...

Now I hope this rumor b.s. but if it were true what would our cap situation be like do we still pay out his contract due to his medical retirement?

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think we'd pay out his contract but it wouldn't count against our cap-space.

Steve KylerVerified@stevekylerNBART @johngreenspan: What happens to Al Harrington? ---> Likely out for the year, maybe medical retirement...

Now I hope this rumor b.s. but if it were true what would our cap situation be like do we still pay out his contract due to his medical retirement?

I'm not too keen on trusting Kyler, but this would suck if true. I was really hoping we could get some value out of trading Harrington

why not? Is boston, milwaukee, or indiana that much superior?

I agree it's early. Let's let the chips fall. The only team i'm afraid of is the Knicks. I think this team can take the heat in a series.

lets have some fun.

Yeah, IMO Boston and Indiana are far better.

Milwaukee isn't that good but they have Monta and Jennings