Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

The Pacers now have maxed out Roy Hibbert. They will never win a title. You can be the Pacers or Hawks with that, nothing more.

Drafting Hibbert was still a good selection and he's still a productive player. The fact that the Pacers grossly overpaid him doesn't negate that fact. The point that Jareth was trying to make is that a team can acquire players later in the draft that can make an impact if they know what they are looking for and get a little lucky. The Hibbert selection is a good example of this.

Ok.....having watched the OKC preseason game just now and seeing Liggins play....only thing that went through my mind was......PHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was out there making plays....scoring....making good passes....taking charges....why did we let this dude go? and keep Q?

You know at one time the Orlando Magic went undefeated in preseason then lost in the 1st round of the playoffs (Against the Hawks, I believe).

Conclusion: Preseason has no bearing on the actual season, and doesnt even come close to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Ok.....having watched the OKC preseason game just now and seeing Liggins play....only thing that went through my mind was......PHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was out there making plays....scoring....making good passes....taking charges....why did we let this dude go? and keep Q?

I'm one of the few who wasn't really sold on Liggins. Yeah, the guy can defend very well but his offense made me cringe at times. Watching him struggle to get anything going during the summer league was extremely disappointing considering all the great things I kept hearing about him.

I wish we could've kept Liggins around, but there wasn't room for him. At least he has a chance to compete in OKC.

OKC also picked up Daniel Orton. He didn't play last night, but I'm kind of curious to see how he does when he gets on the floor.

Drafting Hibbert was still a good selection and he's still a productive player. The fact that the Pacers grossly overpaid him doesn't negate that fact. The point that Jareth was trying to make is that a team can acquire players later in the draft that can make an impact if they know what they are looking for and get a little lucky. The Hibbert selection is a good example of this.

No I clearly meant we need to draft Hibbert 2.0 then overpay him so we can never win a title.