Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

I wouldn't consider tanking, upcoming draft isn't that good. This draft had alot of underclass players. This team is better then team that finished last season. The rebuild is done. I believe once Hedo contract is finished will go after a star player via Fa.

I wouldn't consider tanking, upcoming draft isn't that good. This draft had alot of underclass players. This team is better then team that finished last season. The rebuild is done. I believe once Hedo contract is finished will go after a star player via Fa.

anyone have a link for tonights game vs memphis?

Andrew Nicholson Highlights from Spurs game.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8oVRoTiVg&feature=BFa&list=ULM4pK2synQRQ

I think we made a good pick with this kid....his game is beyond his years imo....next offseason though he should focus on putting on some pounds man....10 or 15 couldn't hurt him....I think he could be much more effective than Ryan was for us....being that Drew has range out to the 3pt line but he also can put the ball on the floor and can finish at the rim....he also has a post game Ryan could only dream of.....Henny knew what he was doing when he picked this kid.....(look at me saying Kid when we're practically the same age)

• Upvote 2

I think we made a good pick with this kid....his game is beyond his years imo....next offseason though he should focus on putting on some pounds man....10 or 15 couldn't hurt him....I think he could be much more effective than Ryan was for us....being that Drew has range out to the 3pt line but he also can put the ball on the floor and can finish at the rim....he also has a post game Ryan could only dream of.....Henny knew what he was doing when he picked this kid.....(look at me saying Kid when we're practically the same age)

It's going to be so much fun watching these guys play, I know we're going to lose a bunch but the new young faces and our change in offense is so refreshing that I don't care. I think Nicholson is going to flourish and turn into a real nice player for us.

I agree, I havent been able to watch any of the games and so this is my first look at him.... And it makes me smile to know that Andrew can sink "FREE THROWS".

Honestly, this kid has some really good young moves, meaning they are good enough to get a great start in the NBA, but still can be polished to be even better as he grows.

I like his instincts and patience, ( something Dwight still lacks) which allows him to make the right decision. Good passing and a real soft tough, dangerous shooter on the mid, he can be everything that Dwight wasnt.... and in some ways, already is.

Nicholson's patience is absurd. He looks like he's drinking cocktails at a beach while doing post moves. Dude is so relaxed and smooth. Teams will have to start double teaming him because he can't be stopped 1 on 1 by a normal PF. The defensive end is an entirely different story though. He has a ton of work to become a good defender. A ton.

Nicholson's patience is absurd. He looks like he's drinking cocktails at a beach while doing post moves. Dude is so relaxed and smooth. Teams will have to start double teaming him because he can't be stopped 1 on 1 by a normal PF. The defensive end is an entirely different story though. He has a ton of work to become a good defender. A ton.

I saw him live in Summer League....teams were double and tripling teaming to stop him. Good news is he can pass as well which means open looks for everyone else when they do start doubling him.

It's so odd, he runs the floor at normal speed, then when he gets the ball in the post, it's almost like he's in the Matrix. He keeps this up, I'm calling him Morpheus.

Andrew needs to put on some weight, seems like he gets pushed around in the post easily.

He will. We have one of the best training staffs out there. Look at how guys like JJ, Gortat, Jameer, and that douchebag in LA transformed after they got here. Even Anderson bulked up a little bit. Nicholson seems like a mature guy with a great work ethic so I have zero doubt in my mind that he'll be stacked in about 18 months. You'll probably notice a little difference in his physique by season's end.