Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

ESPN Summer Predictions for the East

Magic Record 2012-13 Season  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Magic's win total will be at the end of the season?

• 0-5
    • 6-15
    • 16-25
    • 26-35
    • 36-45
    • 46-55
    • 56-82
  2. 2. Do you think the Magic will make the playoffs?

• Yes.
    • No.

Rather than have everyone and their brother start a prediction thread between now and the start of the season, I thought I'd start a poll/predictions thread, particularly since ESPN posted their summer predictions.

Go ahead and share your predictions, and/or reasons, and we can take a look back at the end of the season.

For reference, ESPN has us at 21 - 61 (25.6% winning percentage) for this up coming season.

ESPN Summer Predictions Link

I think the Magic will be fall to the back of the pack defensively, and their offense won't be much better, particularly at the start of the season. Lots of new, young players, a new head coach and the lack of the best defender in the league as their anchor will haunt this squad on the defensive end (as well as on the offensive end).

I think, and hope, that they will be well motivated and coached to the point that they can remind us of the old "Heart and Hustle" team. Fun to watch, no expectations, and every win will be a bonus.

I predict 23 wins once all is said and done, though I will root for the Magic to win each and every game as always.

Edit: ESPN Link

I'll be happy for 30, but I expect 25. They will win games they shouldn't because they will play hard every night.

I'd like to see them push the pace this year, play Nicholson, OQUINN, and Harklees maximum minutes. IMO, a successfull season ends with one of them on the all-rookie team. I don't entirely care about what anyone on the roster does outside of those 3. Nelson and Afflalo i guess because we're paying them good money.

I'm going to say the Magic surprise and they win 36 games this year just missing the playoffs. This is if the roster stays pretty much as is. I truly believe that this roster plays better than expected.

I am going to say 24wins. I really do not care about the result of this upcoming season, I just look forward to watching something new and exciting. Will be the most exciting season for me since we went to the finals!