Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

D. Thorpe suggests Magic should try winning games next season

Playoffs is silly. I can totally see the team playing themselves out of the high lottery (which would be totally worth it with this year's draft if it enhanced the vet's trade value). But playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs.

Which is what I said. Unless everyone on Miami, the Nets, the Sixers, the Knicks, the Hawks, and the Pacers get injured? Yeah - we're not going to the playoffs for a couple years. Not with this roster.

Which I'm fine with because that's what happens when you rebuild.

Unless you're LA, in which case the League will force moves to improve your team.

My only wish for the team this year is that we beat the Lakers when they're here in March.. but seeing how Dwight has been terrified of coming back to the city of Orlando I wouldn't be surprised if his back "flared up" and that game wasn't even as satisfying as I'm hoping it could be..

I think Shaq might have pulled the same stuff in his first return to Orlando, could be wrong, but I remember that for some reason.

I think Shaq might have pulled the same stuff in his first return to Orlando, could be wrong, but I remember that for some reason.

Either that or he's going to be strongly motivated to "punish" the Magic for "lying to and blackmailing" him. Like he hasn't punished us enough in the last year.

Either that or he's going to be strongly motivated to "punish" the Magic for "lying to and blackmailing" him. Like he hasn't punished us enough in the last year.

Maybe we put O'Quinn in the game primarily to beat him around a little. And by that I mean slug him in the back.. I of course realize that won't happen.

Which is what I said. Unless everyone on Miami, the Nets, the Sixers, the Knicks, the Hawks, and the Pacers get injured? Yeah - we're not going to the playoffs for a couple years. Not with this roster.

Which I'm fine with because that's what happens when you rebuild.

Whoops, sorry. I hadn't meant to quote your post in my reply. It just happened to be the one that I hit the reply button on. I blame my being a stupid newbie.

This thread reminds me how sensible some of my fellow Magic fans can still be which makes me happy.

It also reminds me how disturbingly misguided some other fans can be and it makes me very, very sad.

Maybe we put O'Quinn in the game primarily to beat him around a little. And by that I mean slug him in the back.. I of course realize that won't happen.

Brendan Haywood would be a much better candidate for that as he already knows Dwight's sweet spot. Anyone know his contract status lol, jk

I'm going to say 24 to 32 games. Anything beyond that would mean the players actually worked hard. Anything below that means...the exact opposite of this thread...

I don't think it would be that hard to reach the 8th seed. In order to do so we would need to be better than:

TOR, MIL, DET, CLE, WAS, CHA and hope we can do better than one of these teams- CHI, PHI, ATL. I think CHI could do alot worse then what many project.

I also think how good we do depends on how well Meer does. If he has a strong and healthy year, our chemistry will build quicker.

I'm not sure making the playoffs would hurt us this year anyways. From what I understand, we would need to be a lottery team to get a potential impact player in 2013. I don't think we have it in us to suck that bad.