Sign in to follow this  
rdeezy

PG Situation

Jameer Nelson is doing a good job starting. But he needs a break. We have so many options. I pesonally think Carlos Arroyo isnt the right choice.

Jameer Nelson is doing a good job starting. But he needs a break. We have so many options. I pesonally think Carlos Arroyo isnt the right choice.

Well, I think I already know who the people will choose and not because they all love the guy but for Jameer's game and because we really need a change in that position.

At this time we got nothing to loose... and if it does work well, then people will ask Why didn't B. Hill do this at the begening of the season ?

I think to end the dispute of Carlos starting over Jameer,our Diner starting,we should just start Dooling at the point,he did a nice job last year after the Francis trade when he started liked 3 or 4 games,and he's taller and can defend better than all the pg's on this team. In my opinion these should be the starters,Dooling,bogans,Hill,darko,Dwight.

Erik, I guess you seem to forget that he also tryed to break the world record in turn overs. Carlos is our best option right now but JJ or bogans would have to play the 2 to make that work to open up the floor. If this franchise does not make the playoffs this year it is because Otis, D12 and BHill are trying to make this short natural 2 play like a 1 when they have a natural 1 playing restricted minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

I think to end the dispute of Carlos starting over Jameer,our Diner starting,we should just start Dooling at the point,he did a nice job last year after the Francis trade when he started liked 3 or 4 games,and he's taller and can defend better than all the pg's on this team. In my opinion these should be the starters,Dooling,bogans,Hill,darko,

Dwight.

Finally someone who appreciates Keyon Dooling as a PG. There are many who would degrade the guy just because he misses open shots but I believe he can make those shots because he has made them before.

Don't you hate that when you miss your first shot, someone says you suck. Thats how people treat Dooling and he really doesn't suck at all.

He's taller and a great defender but I don't think he will receive that playing time because of..... People under rate Doolings offense but he has a wide ranging game and athleticism which are point guards are lacking.

To answer this post, in my opinion Carlos Arroyo should get the position. Its not his fault that he has to shoot since his team mates don't make shots. Why does he not pass? His teammates turnover the ball. He does it on occasion but people are overlooking Dwight and Darko who do it the most.

We're going to have to get a legitamite point guard with some decent height and ability, if we expect to win a championbship some day. My hobby the past few years has been scouting college players and I've seen the perfect point guard for this team, Javaris Crittenton. He plays for Georgia Tech, is 19 and coincidentally play at Dwight's high school were they won a GA state title in 2004. Javaris has all-star written all over him and he's 6'5", so the weak link on defense would disappear. He handles the ball better than any Magic player since Scott Skiles and he's not a ball hog!

Rdeezy, I observed your post and I found out some interesting things:

1. Saying that meer has done a good job (what a lot of people here dissagree)but at the same time you say he needs a break ?

2. are you trying to make people not to vote for Carlos Arroyo ?( be fair man )

Maybe some guys are giving votes for Carlos because they feel you are asking not to vote for him ... who knows,I may be wrong.

Now the question is: supost carlos receives the starting spot and the team starts winning for the remainig of the season, what gonna happen next season, will he keep the spot,will Nelson ask for a trade or what?

quote:
Originally posted by Big:

We're going to have to get a legitamite point guard with some decent height and ability, if we expect to win a championbship some day. My hobby the past few years has been scouting college players and I've seen the perfect point guard for this team, Javaris Crittenton. He plays for Georgia Tech, is 19 and coincidentally play at Dwight's high school were they won a GA state title in 2004. Javaris has all-star written all over him and he's 6'5", so the weak link on defense would disappear. He handles the ball better than any Magic player since Scott Skiles and he's not a ball hog!

This truly sounds like something any organization searching for a PG should consider. I still have to stick with my guns for now(Jameer, Carlos, and Travis)...but I would definitely change up the PG's and SG rotation in our team for the remainder of the season. BTW...we know we need shooters out there...JJ needs more PT to get those shots off!

Much Love!!

I side with Jonathan, the poll is not clear and ambivalent. I have noticed many former Jameers backers realize that starting is hurting his performance in the offense, which we need. I think Carlos shoud be given the opportunity because of his experience and size over Diener. Is this going to end up in more assists and points? I dont know. Our shooters are really underpar now and our so called defense has steadily dimished inversely proportional to our turnovers(Turk,Howard,Hill,Jameer)

jonathon and ibonedteribell:

I wasnt trying to influence people not to vote for Carlos. I was stating my personal opinion, that I dont believe that Carlos is the most productive point gaurd off the bench

And Jameer is doing a pretty good job, but even the best could use a break. Thats where I believe we can improve. Our PG bench production.