Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

Just watched his press conference and threw up in my mouth. Just for the record you can take your thank you's to the city of Orlando and shove em up your hiney hole!

I went from defending you whole-heartedly to absolutely hating you and praying for you to leave in a matter of months. Kudos for that.

All that he did this past season completely negates all of the positives he's ever done for this franchise. I feel totally relieved that he is finally gone. We may suck for the next few years, but it's all worth it in the long run.

If i could of given you more than a plus one for this I would have. Spot on post

I thought you were different from the other "superstars", Dwight. I really did. I cheered you from the moment you were drafted to the last game you played in a Magic uniform. You got us closer to a championship than we've ever been. But, I just can't thank you. You held this franchise hostage for the last 9 months. You made it clear you thought you deserved a better team, trashing your teammates and any chance of team chemistry in the process. You put the fans, the city, the management, the coaches, the owners through what I can only describe as a rollercoaster through hell. And, in the final act of betrayal, you leave to join possibly the most hated team by any Magic fan, giddy and excited to be there. I looked up to you, and you let me down. You let all of us down. So for that, I cannot forgive you, not sure if I ever will be able to. I am glad to finally have closure, and I look forward to TEAM basketball in the future. Goodbye, Dwight.

• Upvote 4

Please re-title this thread - it is not appropriate. Stab us in the back, but oh, it was nice for a little while.

This guy deserves no appreciation, he is a total selfish, self absorbed immature total ass. All he cares about is himself and you know what you pay a price for that.

Please, please, please - give him a career ending back injury this season - have him say he'll resign next year and have the career ending injury happen later in the season or in the playoffs.

I may like to see him try to play and be unable to do so and fade into mediocrity - constantly trying - maybe doing a 10 game stretch at most. I wish a Grant Hill on him. I don't care if people think it is wrong. I wish the worst for him.

I'm being easy on him compared to Brian Hill. I just wish the worst for him. I know I'm not supposed to do that and 99% of the time I wish the best for even those that don't know any better, but this is the 1% exception - LOL.

On another note I heard that tickets for the upper bowl were starting at $1, mid- section at $1.50 and the lower bowl $2 per game with premium seats going for $2.35

Even though he's been nothing but @#$% this whole year....I'm going to miss seeing him in a magic uniform. Thank you for the great years and memories.

Now I have to watch him be a part of my home team :/

anyone making a positive comment should be banned!!!!!!!!!!1111

He tucked his tail between his legs and hasn't been a man, he skipped town over night and hid in a hotel in LA, never once addressed magic fans. he is a self centered pompous ass, in LA he won't be able to hide anymore and if the Lakers don't win this year their window is closed. all their best players are OLD and have injury issues

I haven't watched his presser yet but I saw a picture of him in a LA jersey and he looks quite smaller. Probably lost some muscle mass because of the back problem.

And I'm not really mad with the guy, sure he made some mistakes but I don't wish him any career ending injury, that's just sick IMO

• Upvote 1

I haven't watched his presser yet but I saw a picture of him in a LA jersey and he looks quite smaller. Probably lost some muscle mass because of the back problem.

And I'm not really mad with the guy, sure he made some mistakes but I don't wish him any career ending injury, that's just sick IMO

Completely agree with that last line... doubt most of these die howard posters really mean it anyway (though I am sure I am gonna hear from them that they do).

I hate that he is gone, yet relieved as well since the bs left with him. Sucks that the past year or so has washed away the good and left a sour taste. I am not sure he has what it takes to lead a team to a championship and I hope he does not get one riding the coat tails of Kobe and co. I also hate the way the Lakers always get what they want since it represents everything that is wrong with the NBA. Just wish Stern could understand this, but whatever. My team will rebuild, until they do, I will enjoy the ride watching the young guy go all out as they develope. I would love to see Nelson retire a Magic man and it would be cool if maybe 4 to 5 years from now, he wins a ring with us. He is the definition of True Blue, something Howard didn't understand. Loyalty my @ss.