Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

Appreciation threads for former players do not belong in the Around the NBA section of the forum. If you want this thread to go away, simply stop bumping it back to the top.

That would be true if this was indeed an appreciation thread... but it's not

• Upvote 1

I just found a real life size Dwight Howard cardboard cut out in my garage from years ago... I can think of all kinds of things to do with it.. Any suggestions?

I'd hope we wouldn't take him back, ever. Regardless of how talented he may be.

I want to win. If that means in 5 years we have a Kyrie Irving type player and a couple other rookies that become borderline all stars, then hell yes I'd want Dwight (if he wanted to come back). It's not like Dwight and management burned all bridges unlike Dan Gilbert. Five years from now you'd say the same thing too.

With that said, Dwight will probably retire a Laker.

• Upvote 1

I want to win. If that means in 5 years we have a Kyrie Irving type player and a couple other rookies that become borderline all stars, then hell yes I'd want Dwight (if he wanted to come back). It's not like Dwight and management burned all bridges unlike Dan Gilbert. Five years from now you'd say the same thing too.

5 yrs from now, Devos might not be around anymore. Besides Martins, there is no one there with any ties to Dwight. He would prob come back if we had an appealing team. I would think he'd like to get back in good standings with ORL. And yes I would bite the bullet and take him back.

But would we take him back if HWNSNBU was still his agent?

I just found a real life size Dwight Howard cardboard cut out in my garage from years ago... I can think of all kinds of things to do with it.. Any suggestions?

Flip it upside down and store it.

As far as I'm concerned, Dwight burned his bridge here in Orlando. Furthermore, I hope he never wins a championship.

Regardless of how he acted, I don't wish Dwight any ill will. I don't take any of this stuff personally, so his actions don't matter to me anymore for the simple fact that he no longer wears a Magic uniform. For that same reason, I'm also not going to root against him unless the Lakers are playing the Magic.

He acted like a giant douche, and he probably is a giant douche. I just don't care now.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of how he acted, I don't wish Dwight any ill will. I don't take any of this stuff personally, so his actions don't matter to me anymore for the simple fact that he no longer wears a Magic uniform. For that same reason, I'm also not going to root against him unless the Lakers are playing the Magic.

He acted like a giant douche, and he probably is a giant douche. I just don't care now.

You're so cool.

I don't wish any further injury on Dwight.

I want him healthy, I don't want any excuses for the clown if he fails to win a championship, it's so funny all these years he's talked about being the leader of this team, but goes to LA and all of a sudden wants to take a back seat and finally learn what leading is all about.