Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

The way I see it, the Magic will be a basement- to middle-dwelling team for at least five years, no matter how amazing JV or Henny turn out to be. It's just the way it works. And LA, like it or not, will probably have one year of Dwight figuring out how to *not* be the go-to guy and getting yelled at by Kobe (who has the star capital to do it....repeatedly), then?

Yeah: LA will win a couple championships. Maybe just one, as Nash and Kobe aren't getting any younger, but they'll win.

Sooooooo...yeah: I'm going to keep hating on the guy who a.) tossed our team in the ditch and b.) gave the Lakers yet more championships the easy way - by swiping other team's best players.

• Upvote 1

From Dwight's twitter:

"Just sat down with @kaj33. Man God is so good. Was in tears. What a blessing. This is like a dream come true. Go Lakers."

"Me and @kaj33 together. For many years to come." pic.twitter.com/YR9ACNdH

Quickly changed your view on signing long term with the Lakers huh Dwight!

I think Dwight always had the Lakers as his priority despite him "taking them off his list". I just think he was ***** footing around it to save his image of doing what Shaq did. When his option to the Nets went out he said what the heck I dont care anymore get me out of here. I wouldnt doubt he was influenced in that regard from Stern since this was already a "preferred destination" once before.

Wow that ad is so cheesey, Dwight hugging an old guy and a load of pictures with him helping kids and charities.. He really is delusional, that ad is a bad choice by him!

Thats Mama Kay

I think Dwight always had the Lakers as his priority despite him "taking them off his list". I just think he was ***** footing around it to save his image of doing what Shaq did. When his option to the Nets went out he said what the heck I dont care anymore get me out of here. I wouldnt doubt he was influenced in that regard from Stern since this was already a "preferred destination" once before.

I also wouldn't be horribly surprised if, a couple years from now, it comes out that Stern came down from on-high (again) and forced the Magic to trade Dwight.

I also wouldn't be horribly surprised if, a couple years from now, it comes out that Stern came down from on-high (again) and forced the Magic to trade Dwight.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. There's no going back now so why even bother worrying about it? If that never happened, Dwight's in LA. If that did happen, Dwight's still in LA.