Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Dark Knight Rises

Indiana Jones, while great, no longer a trilogy thanks to the fridge hopping, Shia starring, alien skull POS Lucas made (otherwise this trilogy would be a contender).

That makes no sense. By this logic, the original Star Wars trilogy can no longer be considered a trilogy because they released new movies.

And Spider-Man really wasn't worth mentioning.

That makes no sense. By this logic, the original Star Wars trilogy can no longer be considered a trilogy because they released new movies.

And Spider-Man really wasn't worth mentioning.

Star Wars is considered two trilogies. And I just wanted to take the time to knock Raimi's SM, since RT is currently hating on TASM (they're actually hating on TDKR as well).

LOTR slightly edges out Star Wars in my book, with no one else coming even close. Unless of course you liked the third Godfather movie.

I don't think you can diminish a trilogy simply because Hollywood decided to cash in on the success of the series with lesser, crappier movies. If the Hobbit ends up sucking, which I don't think it will, it won't make me like the LOTR trilogy any less.

With that in mind, Rocky needs to be mentioned in this conversation as well. The first 3 Rockys were as good as any series ever produced.

Star Wars is considered two trilogies.

Yeah... That was my point. Emory just elaborated well enough. With the Hobbit coming out, does it make LoTR no longer a trilogy? I should think not, I wager I reckon methinks.

Batman Begins was my favorite between the first two as well, Trey. I practically had a nerdgasm when Ra'as Al Ghul showed up.

Star Wars is considered two trilogies. And I just wanted to take the time to knock Raimi's SM, since RT is currently hating on TASM (they're actually hating on TDKR as well).

I thought they had TDKE at 86% approval or something? Maybe the trolls have just started chiming in. The IMDB board for TDKR is awful, just people making bad jokes about the shooting and trolling about the movie.

I thought the movie was plain awesome, the Joker storyline (and acting) was amazing but TDKR seemed to me like an all round better storyline. It was edge of the seat stuff and the tension was crazy. I agree with most that say this is one of the best trilogies of all time, such a shame Nolan is ending it here as someone will try to carry it on and it just won't be the same.

I was told that the next batman will likely feature Selena Kyle's friend(the blonde chick) as Harley Quin. I could totally see that now.

I hope not, personally. The incredible part of Harley's storyline in the comics is that before Joker got his hands on her, Harley was actually a brilliant psychiatrist who was doing everything that she could to rehabilitate the Joker. She wasn't some street walking, petty thief that worked for Selina Kyle.

That blonde girl was Holly Robinson, someone Catwoman has looked after in the comics. There has been some implied homosexual romance between the two at times. Harley Quinn is a completly different character.

That blonde girl was Holly Robinson, someone Catwoman has looked after in the comics. There has been some implied homosexual romance between the two at times. Harley Quinn is a completly different character.

Thank you, I knew that damn name was familiar.

Just saw the movie (the theater where I am does 5 dollar movies on Tuesdays). I thought it was great, but like many have said, not as great as TDK, which isn't really a criticism, so much as a praise of TDK. I wasn't sold on Hathaway at first, but as the movie progressed, I found myself believing her character more.

Though the "twists" in the movie were mostly expected (I actually thought Batman would die at the end), there was a sense of satisfaction with the way they wrapped up all of the story lines. Nolan did a great job with his ending montage to keep the Batman world alive, while still making a solid ending to a franchise of films. I would have liked at least one mention of the Joker, or his ultimate fate, if only to put an end to that saga.

Cillian Murphy's cameo was great. I loved his portrayal of Crane in the first film and thought his cameo in TDK didn't do it justice like this one did (HA! Puns!). Worth mentioning, imo.

There were moments of suspending disbelief, such as Catwoman being able to ride the batcycle without any training, or the bomb's timer vs. the action that took place in the time, and of course, Bruce being able to fully rehabilitate in such a short time frame. But, such are the ways of the superhero movies.

I will say, I hope they continue the stories in some fashion. Maybe not in another movie, but comics or official novels would be nice. Blake finding the Batcave still leaves a lot of questions. He was clearly unable to overpower many thugs, so him taking over for the Bat would mean a LOT of training, and he doesn't have the League to help him do so.

Great movie, and great ending to a trilogy. And unlike Lucas, I think Nolan knows when to put a cap on things.

P.S. I really hoped that Blake's legal name would be "Mr. Grayson" rather than "Robin" but, I understand that this is a different universe, and he is not meant to be a sidekick.

• Upvote 1

I assume that Nolan did that because most people wouldn't know that Robin's last name is Grayson. I understand your point though.