Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

With Vuc and Harkless. Maybe Ish develops. Our non lotto picks?

Talk about a new culture.

If Ish doesn't develop, what PG would you go after to grow with this team? Do you think Vuc can be legit building piece as our starting C?

I can't wait to see our guys play.

And to everyone calling for Alex's head, remember we wouldn't have Henny, this new future outlook, & this flexibility without him. Alex is the one that stopped Otis and his trade with Jersey; and got Dwight to opt-in. I also blame Alex for probably botching the relationship with Dwight, but without his takeover in December, out future wouldnt be as bright.

48 million for Ibaka is pretty funny.

Anytime you can give the third best defender on a mediocre defensive team (who also lacks the basic coordination to score) $12 million a year, you've got to do it.

Mediocre defensive team? Oh you mean the team tied for 3rd in FG% allowed. The guy has improved every year and has huge upside. He lead the league in blocks and also has a solid jumper that will only get better. Yeah he has no game with his back to the basket along with half the bigs in the league today but is already becoming a top player at his position and is still very raw.

3rd best on his team? Okay I know where you are going with this Westbrook and Perkins are better. Perkins is a great post defender but he can't guard the pick and roll at all, you can basically force Brooks to sit Perkins just by running it. Westbrook is a great defender but Ibaka still affects the game the most on that end. Ibaka had a PER last year of like 19 and do you know how many bigs make more money or equal to Ibaka's new deal? I'm not going to waste my time doing all the research for you but you will see quickly he isn't overpaid. Most would argue for his potential and based on his current growth rate he is actually underpaid. The guy is 22 years old and I expect him to be an all-star by the time he is 25. Bigs are at a premium and saying 12 mil a yr is overpaying is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

You mean you didn't want him to interfere when Otis almost traded Dwight to the Nets last season? Come on. If you can produce some kind of proof that he is interfering with what Hennigan is trying to do now, then I might be willing to give what you are saying more consideration. If you can't, then I'm not going to blame a smart business man for interfering when he see a clearly incompetent GM about to bungle a very important, franchise-altering decision. And more importantly, I am going to recognize the main point which is that a man that has been with this franchise since its birth and is almost single-handedly responsible for garnering the local support necessary to build the new arena gets at least a few free passes before I start calling for his head.....especially if the perceived mistake is connected to an emotional headcase center that now resides in LA.

That is one way to put it, but I would say that the Devos's gave him the franchise already.........as they should have. I like that he is involved in the daily operations of the organization, until Henny & Co have proven themsevles!! So far so good, but the man who would replace Pat Williams in respect to his level of importance in these parts......he is doing just fine!!! IMHO

i dont know if you guys know yet but the numbers for the new players are

aaron afflalo- will wear number 4

ayon- will wear number 19(ewww ugly number)

eyenga - wear number 8(expected)

harkless- wear number 21(***** orton)

harrington- wear number 3

mcroberts- 17(ewwww ugly number)

o'quin- switches number to 2(pretty cool someone finally decides to wear number 2, kind of odd its a center)

vucevic- will wear number 9(o'quins old number)

I kind of wish O'Quin switched to 12 lmao

• Upvote 1

If Ish doesn't develop, what PG would you go after to grow with this team? Do you think Vuc can be legit building piece as our starting C?

I can't wait to see our guys play.

And to everyone calling for Alex's head, remember we wouldn't have Henny, this new future outlook, & this flexibility without him. Alex is the one that stopped Otis and his trade with Jersey; and got Dwight to opt-in. I also blame Alex for probably botching the relationship with Dwight, but without his takeover in December, out future wouldnt be as bright.

Bledsoe, Isiah, and get ready for it....Evan Turner.

Yup Turner. Could easily be Lil Penny. Flame me now.

I think the Magic will buyout McBobs, trade Harrrington and/or QRich. That way we can invite Liggins,Kevin Anderson(or some other pg) and whoever else to camp to compete for the last roster spot. I think it's important to have a 3rd string point guard as Nelson is injury prone and will likely miss some games this season

Bledsoe, Isiah, and get ready for it....Evan Turner.

Yup Turner. Could easily be Lil Penny. Flame me now.

I love Turner and would've preferred him as the centerpiece of our Dwight trade but he can't play PG.

I love Turner and would've preferred him as the centerpiece of our Dwight trade but he can't play PG.

He can barely play SG the guy was way overhyped and is best suited as a role player. He can't shoot Fts, get to the line, or have much range at all. The guy is a bust even if he turns into an average starter.

i dont know if you guys know yet but the numbers for the new players are

aaron afflalo- will wear number 4

ayon- will wear number 19(ewww ugly number)

eyenga - wear number 8(expected)

harkless- wear number 21(***** orton)

harrington- wear number 3

mcroberts- 17(ewwww ugly number)

o'quin- switches number to 2(pretty cool someone finally decides to wear number 2, kind of odd its a center)

vucevic- will wear number 9(o'quins old number)

I kind of wish O'Quin switched to 12 lmao

Few days late, homey

I think the Magic will buyout McBobs, trade Harrrington and/or QRich. That way we can invite Liggins,Kevin Anderson(or some other pg) and whoever else to camp to compete for the last roster spot. I think it's important to have a 3rd string point guard as Nelson is injury prone and will likely miss some games this season

McBobs has ending contact year, so no way Magic release him or buyout. Expect him to be traded to a team which want to clear cap space for draft pick or young player. Thunder can be the one because they want to clear cap space for Harden.....