Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Good stuff, Junkie! smile_creaturedance.gifNo, real good stuff ! smile.gif

Ha-Ha. I worked at IMG academy doing player development for a few years and got to know DT a little so, not QUITE Junkie status. This is probably the first time in awhile we've spoken through e-mail. Actually, the e-mail started out as something other than this but I figured I'd ask.

I e-mailed Thorpedo himself and this is what the man had to say with regard to Harkless and the Magic.

In my e-mail I asked if the blogophere's Ariza comparisons we're accurate because I didn't exactly see Ariza in Hark's game.

so there we go.

I really like the Thorpedo. Solid analysis, always to the point, and a stand up guy as well.

Ha-Ha. I worked at IMG academy doing player development for a few years and got to know DT a little so, not QUITE Junkie status. This is probably the first time in awhile we've spoken through e-mail. Actually, the e-mail started out as something other than this but I figured I'd ask.

Do you mind emailing him about Nicholson & Vucevic too? Thanks for sharing the Harkless analysis.

I really like the Thorpedo. Solid analysis, always to the point, and a stand up guy as well.

Agree. DT and his coaches taught me a lot of little things and he's a super genuine guy.

Two things I like about his e-mail of Hark were the "slap in the face" comment. Looking at the players taken before him, that's interesting to me based on pre-draft analysis.

The other thing was the James Posey comparison. Many of the younger, twitter age basketball fans will probably flip on that and only remember him from his Indiana/NOH days. Thinking back to when Posey was a prospect, he was highly regarded as a multi-dimensional player and was thought of as an impact guy.

maybe one day. I don't really like to dry up wells with professional contacts for my own fandom if you feel me.

i got you. no worries.

Love the Thorpe info. Only disagree that Harkless can not shoot well. I believe he can shoot, he just played PF last year and didnt get to develop that skill as well as he could. I think you will see a guy suck at shooting early and then get it going as the season progresses. Thorpe probably insinuated this and I misread but my main point is I am really excited about Harkless's potential.

As for Evans, I think Hennigan offered what he wanted to offer and that is it. He is not going to deviate from the plan and give up too much for anybody.

When college head coaches spurn us, it tends to work out just fine.

I was initially curious why a coach would leave a position to become a scout. It seemed like a step backwards to me.

Meer went to St. Joseph's along with Delonte West, Dwayne Jones and Tyronn Barley. Ron Artest on the other hand went to St. John's.

Snap... good call PHG..... I screwed that one up.... maybe I should research a little more before posting...lol